Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

SumLGS

Day 15! I can eat-ish

Rate this Entry
I finally got to eat some soft/puréed foods today. I tasted a mashed up bit of the pasta I made last night ... Surprisingly not as good as I thought it would be. The mashed up Tuna was the best food I've had in like ...17days! I became more comfortable with the liquid diet than the protein based diet. I'm not a milk product drinker so all the milk based protein drinks made me feel sick and terribly backed up. I mixed them several different ways before I found a mix I could handle. The taste buds do change! I ate out of a small cup and can eyeball the amount of food I can take in pretty well. My new stomach is a great help with portion control and helps remind me to take my time. I tried a few times to "get it out of the way" when trying to get my fluids in...not a good idea.
Today I am hopeful and pleased with my decision. I lost about 10lbs since the 6th. Which seems like a drop in the 170lb bucket(that's how much I have to loose). The odd thing is, I'm not as enthusiastic about other people noticing my weightloss... It makes me really uncomfortable ... And I noticed my face is looking thin.. Like a friggin bobble head UGH...my eyes tell me lies I guess.

Submit "Day 15! I can eat-ish" to Digg Submit "Day 15! I can eat-ish" to del.icio.us Submit "Day 15! I can eat-ish" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 15! I can eat-ish" to Google

Comments

I totally agree..... My taste buds have changed since surgery.....
    Quote Originally Posted by rockscott40
    I totally agree..... My taste buds have changed since surgery.....
    What kinds of things are you eating these days?