Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. C25k

I know this is a little premature, but last night my husband and I signed up for the Turkey Trot that is in Thanksgiving day. It's a 5K fundraiser in our town and I'm super excited to complete it. The best thing about it is that it isn't competitive. You just go at your own pace. However, no one wants to be dead last, so I downloaded the Couch to 5K app to prepare myself. I know that I don't have a lot of time to get ready because the app takes 9 weeks and several people said they had to repeat ...
  2. 5 days!!!

AHHHHH!!!! I am so nervous/excited. I start my pre op diet tomorrow which I am not looking forward to. I am however happy that my mom is coming down with me as she went through the same procedure with the same doctor, that makes it a little easier.

I think one of the hardest parts is my younger brother doesn't approve of this. We are a very close family and we value each others opinions most of the time. With that being said he doesn't understand my struggle, he thinks it's because ...
  3. Constant Nausea and Diarrhea.

I am 18 days post surgery and still on soft/mush food and find it more difficult then ever. Not the food it's self but the contestant nausea and diarrhea, has anyone experienced this? Today I made homemade chicken and rice soup and barely finished 2 teaspoons and had to run to the bathroom. I'm so miserable right now, can't eat much of anything for fear of it coming out one way or another. HELP is this the surgery or something else???
  4. Swimming, Swimming

Getting closer - now it is just down to these final details of getting stuff turned in. I have had the tests, gotten the clearances, but have to wait on the final approval and then I will get my surgery date. Funny, I had planned to go on a cruise for Christmas, but then I heard that our insurance at work was changing, so I went into high gear to get my surgery before the end of the year, and I am not even upset about missing the cruise. I am much more excited about getting started on this journey ...