Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Shirl

Vitamix Blender Recipes

Rate this Entry
I was about to buy a bunch of "bariatric soups" and noticed all the chemicals and dehydronated ingredients. Most had some whey concentrate product.

I have cooked soup in my Vitamix before, so I was like let me see if there are any tasty soups I can make tomorow, and I found this one! I am so excited!

Broccoli Cheese Soup

Ingredients

1 cup (240 ml) skim or low-fat milk
1/2 cup (38 g) shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups (195 g) broccoli or cauliflower, fresh or frozen, steamed
1 teaspoon diced onion
1/2 chicken or vegetable bouillon cube

Directions

Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
Select Variable 1.
Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
Blend for 5-6 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
Serve over additional steamed broccoli pieces. (optional)

This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.

it has the same protein than those "bariatric" soups at a fraction of the cost! and I can still add my own unflavored organic grass-fed high quality protein!

Nutrition Information

Serving Size 1 c ( 240 ml )
Amount Per Servings
Calories 130
Total Fat 2.5 g
Saturated Fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 10 mg
Sodium 510 mg
Total Carbohydrate 15 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 14 g

This is very exciting for me!!!

Submit "Vitamix Blender Recipes" to Digg Submit "Vitamix Blender Recipes" to del.icio.us Submit "Vitamix Blender Recipes" to StumbleUpon Submit "Vitamix Blender Recipes" to Google

Comments

ooh Keep em coming! This is my plan too....make "smoothy soup" in my bullet. I've actually never done it...just drank smoothies, but, same principle. When I need something savory and I'd rather just have a bunch of whole food and add yogurt and some protein powder as the only processed things. I did splurge on organic soups the other day by Pacific just to make it that much easier the first two weeks and to have variety to choose from and have "permission" to just stop eating one and try another if I can't get it down.

How's the vitamix? Thinking ahead to a Christmas gift. I have the simplest Bullet right now.
    PS if interested, I have a FB page called "Bariatric Food Academy" that stresses (learning about)whole foods and eating healthily since I see on so many forums people are not well educated about nutrients and whole foods in their pre op process and it serves as a like a binder for me about food things I find while internet trolling.
    I've made this in my Vitamix in the past. It's really good. You can turn anything into liquid in a vitamix....remember when I turned a cooked chicken breast into "soup"?

You can use these same ingredients, except change out the broccoli for carrots, or asparagus, or bell peppers, or whatever other veggie you desire. You can add different spices, or use coconut milk.
    Amigas! I do not recommend this soup until stage 2 maybe 3!!! Don't get me wrong, it was easy and delicious!! But the blending made it bubbly which my new tummy did not like one bit! after sipping two tablespoons oh some serious cramping started happening. Next time, I will purée broccoli then mix on stove top. I used bone broth instead of milk and bouillon, and goat milk cheddar. My daughter and friend love it. I'm glad I tried though.
    That's what I do. Mash it up good in the blender then heat it up on the stove, but mostly cause I don't running the blender so long