Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Meels622

Head Hunger is KILLING me!!!!

Rate this Entry
OMG this is definitely the worst!! Knowing that i cant have unhealthy food makes me want it so bad!!!!! Like right now all i want is a big juicy cheeseburger but i know i cant have a cheeseburger for a looooooooooooooooong time! I am really struggling with this! Has any one else experienced really bad head hunger? How do you deal with it? Does it go away/get better??

Submit "Head Hunger is KILLING me!!!!" to Digg Submit "Head Hunger is KILLING me!!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Head Hunger is KILLING me!!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Head Hunger is KILLING me!!!!" to Google

Comments

Yup I have a lot of times. I've gotten to when I get that way I know I cant finish it all off so it would only be a waste of money and food to buy it. I don't know if it will ever go away, It's like an addiction you just learn to control that addiction.
    It's an uphill battle. Like I (probably all of us) learned in pre-op classes, the sleeve is a tool, not a silver bullet. On the other hand, no one is perfect. Just like one salad couldn't make you get thin, one cheeseburger (or in a sleever's case 1/4 of a cheese burger) won't make you get fat. I'm 17 days post op and I'll admit that my head hunger starts shouting so loud that I can't seem to focus on much else. I know though that I'm on the right track so far, and when the time comes that I can eat what I really want, I'll enjoy it all the more. Good luck to you on your journey.
    The first 7 weeks were brutal with me. I found chewing Sonic Ice helped. The oral fixation of food/chewing. Its a mind game. So chew on some yummy small ice. See if that doesn't help. Try it for 7 days. And you can buy it by the bag at your local SONIC drive in-
    Yep! Sometimes I just want to lick the heck out of a cheesburger girl!!!
    I threatened to shank my husband just to lick the salt off his french fry within 2 days of surgery.....as the phases progress I feel a little better but really need that chewing sensation.
    take a bite. You'll realize it wasn't as good as it was before. I eat what ever I want. I know its not the rules but once I have a taste I realize, man that was gross and my stomach is not enjoying it. Now its easy I remember, That one bite was gross, made me feel like crap and I know the healthier choice taste better and it makes me feel a lot better as well. But I have will power issues and this has been helping me learn that healthy choices are better for my body now.
    LOL!! Not laughing at you but definately with you!!! I was this way just a few days ago and it has passed!!!!! My husband was sitting at the Table and said out loud "I want a Cookie" I answered back F **** you!!! and I wasnt even playing!!! I told him would you tell a recovering alchoholic hey lets go hang out at the bar! Dont mention food in front of me. It does get better promise!!!