Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

pingwn33

1 Week Post Op

Rate this Entry
Well this time last Monday morning I was a nervous wreck....getting last minute stuff done before I had to leave for the hospital....Now...I am 1 week Post Op and down a total of 29 lbs. - 9 of them post op..and still got a lil bit of pain but for the most part I am doing great...My daughter came home yesterday after a week with the grandparents...wow I missed her...but we had a long talk before and then when she picked me up from the hospital with the G-rents...I showed her my incisions...then off she went for the week so mommy could rest...she came home...we hugged ...I showed her my boo boos...and the day went on......I am very excited to be finally be on this journey...I have waited so long for this...and cant beleieve I am already a week into it...I came home the next day from the hospital and slept in my own bed...started back to work the day after with a flex schedule...did a lot of sleeping last week...but now I am ready to go..I just wish the right side wouldn't hurt so much to sit and bend over...lol.....I am also feeling no fullness but then again I am not feeling hunger either...I go to my 1 week PO appt tomorrow...and expecting things to be great...I have had no problem with getting my 2 qrts of water and 2 portein shakes in..and want something more substantial but know i need to stick to the plan...i have lost my taste for the SF jello...and that is ashame cuz i bought loads of it before surgery...I just am hoping i get to eat substance soon...tired of the liquids..lol.....

OK..all...hope you have a wonderful week...off to start work... (fyi I work from home in front of a computer all day)

Submit "1 Week Post Op" to Digg Submit "1 Week Post Op" to del.icio.us Submit "1 Week Post Op" to StumbleUpon Submit "1 Week Post Op" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

good for you!It'c nice to hear you are doing well...and thankfully, you were able to send your daughter to grandparents for a week-I'm sure that allowed your body the proper rest. Don't push yourself though, our "insides" can take up to 6 months before they are back to 100%. And don't rush with the food, it's really important to follow that diet you were given. I was on clear liquids for 2 weeks then full liquids for 2 then pureed for 1, soft for 1, and then normal (but has limits up to 6 month mark). I believe this is the time for you to learn the new signals for hunger/fullness/etc. Best wishes to you...
    So glad it's going so well!
    You're gonna rock the sleeve!
    That's great you're feeling a sence of norm again. I too have loads of extra "food" I just can't tolerate anymore. Good thing I have 2 kiddos to help polish it off for me. :0)
    Glad everything went well. Wishing you a speedy recovery
    You're doing awesome! Always happy for positive posts! Keep up the good work!