Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Netekay

1. 6 week post-op blood work

I had 6 week blood work done yesterday. This is my first one since surgery.

My hemoglobin A1C went from 7.4 to.....5.8!!!!!! That makes me ALMOST non-diabetic for the first time since 1996!!!!!

I am off my blood pressure medications (3 of them), my cholesterol medication, I take my allergy meds only when my nose won't stop running and I may soon be off insulin!

Happy Friday the 13th TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. 6 week post op check up

I had my 6 week post op check up yesterday and it went well--for the most part.

He was happy with my water intake, my exercise and my protein. He was not, however, happy with my calorie intake.

Two + weeks ago, the scale stopped moving. I stopped losing. I didn't feel good. I had low low blood sugars twice (to the point of almost passing out) and I was cranky all the time. I consulted my NUT and she suggested that I shake up my calorie count and maybe bump them up ...
  3. Observations at six weeks post-op

I made it to six weeks post-op!!! My most recent observations:

1. I HATE plain fish. I bought (and tried to eat) plain tilapia last night and failed miserably. I need some breading on it for me to get it down. EDITED TO ADD: I did season the tilapia but it was a no-go. It tasted too fishy for me.

2. Went shopping in the basement graveyard. That is where my clothes went when they didn't fit. I am this close to being able to turn over my wardrobe! I have already had to ...
  4. Observations at five weeks post-op

I can't believe that it has been five weeks since my sleeve surgery! Time flies when you are having fun!!!

1. Old clothes are fitting again so, even though the scale is not moving, I am losing inches. Note to self: REMEMBER that!!!

2. Getting back in the water for aerobics feels amazing. Exercise is not my enemy any more!

3. Who knew that such joy could be gained from eating watermelon!?! Fruits and veggies--how I have missed you.

4. New ...
  5. Observations at four weeks post-op

I am one day short of my one month sleeveaversary and I am feeling great. Some observations:

1. Stalls are awful. I have to learn to embrace the suck and be patient, which isn't one of my strong suits. So, instead of relying on the scale, I am taking my measurements (now that my tape measure will go around me ) and going by how my clothes feel. I was able to go a size down in pants and two sizes in shirts over the weekend!

2. I am amazed daily at how little it ...
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast