Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Garystevanus

1. One year Surgiversary!

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of my VGS surgery, and what a year it has been! I am 185 pounds lighter and my waist is 18 inches smaller!!!! I can't say that it has been easy, but it is definitely worth it!

It is amazing how much can change in a year!
    1. My body doesn't ache at the end of the day
    2. I don't dread going up a flight of stairs
    3. I look forward to working out (and get grumpy when I don't make it to the gym
    4. My favorite food ...
  2. Starting over.........kind of.........

I'm 11 months post-op and am down 180 pounds to date. My loving wife, who was a great support to me through my process, began hers today. She is now resting comfortably in the hospital room with her new sleeve!!!!! I did the 2 week pre-op liquid diet with her (and lost 6 pounds myself). I'm looking forward to helping her through the journey and know that she will do great!!!!
  3. New Goal

I'm 9.5 months post-op and have now set a new goal weight. I started my journey at 473. Original goal was 300. I weighed on Friday morning--297.8. Good bye 300 club!!!! New goal weight is 273. Can I get there by my one year anniversary? Not sure, but am going to give it my best shot.

In 9.5 months:
    175 pounds lost
    16 inches lost on waistline 62 to 46
    Down 4 notches on watch band
    Down 2.5 ring sizes
    1 total life transformation!!!!
  4. First weigh-in 3 1/2 weeks

I weighted in last night for the first time since my last doctor'sappointment 3 1/2 weeks ago. I was hoping to see the scale drop 7 or 8 pounds. Instead, I dropped almost 18!! I guess the stall/slow down is officially over!

I have been working out and have been really focusing on not eating carbs, but I definitely didn't expect to see that on the scale! Now down 121 pounds since starting the journey with my first doctor'sappointment appointment back in March.

5. Update after 3 month check-up

Had a 3 month check-up with doctor today. Lab tests are all good except HDL/LDL Cholesterol ratio could be better. Good Cholesterol is too low, but total cholesterol number is great. Scale update: I have officially lost 103 pounds (including close to 30 on pre-op liquid diet). Still have a long ways to go, but I love my new sleeved life!!!!!

To all of you sleeves out there -- keep up the hard work. We are all going to enjoy our healthier lives!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast