Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Long Timers and supporting others

I think I would be more diligent if I went to a group also. If I think of it as a bit of a responsibility to the newbees to show some positive experience. I went to a total of one support group back home. I was around 145 and looked great and I think it helped some people. Unfortunately, the group leader was a real downer and kept on the topic of "you'll never lose all of your weight" and other such comments that I felt were possibly realistic but not helpful. I think I need to encourage myself to step up to the plate and help be a positive example...that would get me thinking outside of my own needs and 'grow up'.

1. down 53 lbs. and sooo happy

by , 03-04-2012 at 01:22 PM (Long Timers and supporting others)
    Hi Folks: I haven't been posting much lately because it is almost like I'm not focussed on the 'diet' and 'weight loss' issues anymore and busy doing other things. I have lost 53lbs. in about 5 months...may not seem fast but considering I've been free of obsessing about food and not really any hardcore exercise, it's good. I wanted relief from constant thinking about food and my weight. I've gone from 217 to 164 lbs. and down from my top weight of 249 lbs. (lost some on Jenny Craig before decision ...