Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sandra3

1. 3 months post-op stomach repair

Hello my friends!

So the big news of the day, I met the expert (doc for work) this morning, the visit was just a pure waste of time (the guy was plain stupid, I'm so fed up with doctors!) but at least he did agree with my PCP and surgeons: I'm able to go back to work!
    Finally!
    I've been asking my HR to get an appointment since August, but the last expert just retired (he was actually really nice, too bad for us) and they had to find a new expert, and since I have several ...
  2. 3 week post op

Beside my big scare last week, and three days in hospital again, things have been back to normal for the past 9 days. I still have little pains here and there, can't really carry anything heavy but that's ok.

I banned all meds in tablets (still have to take a PPi for 3 months to avoid ulcers), switched to capsules I can open, and do the same with vitamins. So far so good, and the awful horse pill is waiting for my next post-op in August, to be discussed with the surgeon. I hope I ...
  3. Quack quack

Two months ago, a wild duck established camp on our patio, in the concrete flower boxes. We didn't see her right away because the was hidden in the flowers, but when she was discovered we could see 12 eggs in her nest.

One month ago, 11 ducklings were born, one egg didn't hatch properly, and two ducklings died early, they were smaller and not walking well, I guess they had some kind of genetic issue.

Tomorrow, nine ducklings turn one month old!
    Since we live ...
  4. Day 13: complications

On Wednesday early evening, I had a friend over, we were walking in the garden when I suddenly had a really acute belly pain. Was so weird! It started around 6PM, when I was drinking water.

My last small meal was at 4 PM, dinner at noon etc..so I went first to the ER next to home, then after two hours, since they were doing nothing, I remembered my surgeon wrote his mobile number on one of the script, so I called him.

I could barely talk the pain was so bad, he said ...
  5. My rescue surgery

After months of pain and suffering I finally got my surgery Friday, five days ago.

My sleeve was working fine and my weight great until (long story short for those who didn't follow) my monthly very heavy bleeding became so bad I became very anemic, got several issues from it, I got several infections in October, then from lung infections asthma started, then it became hell.

During a really bad series of asthma attacks I had huge pain in the chest on Nov 7, a few ...
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast