Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kchopkins

Two Years later...

Rate this Entry
Well, it's been two years, and a couple days, since I had VSG and life has changed...but not entirely.

I have lost almost 120 lbs total. Though in the last two months gained back ten. I blame some of it on this new birth control I'm having to take, but some of it is also me just slipping back into my old ways...which I'm struggling mightily with. However, I refuse to give up. So each day is a struggle. Some days are good, others, not so much.

Some accomplishments:
  • I now run 5K's regularly
  • I've participated in 2 10k's and have three more coming up
  • I completed my first sprint triathlon this year

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kerstin Andrea.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	25999

Name:	Tri Bike.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	26000

Name:	Tri Run.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	26001

I would never have thought myself to be a runner. Honestly, I still hate it, but I know that if I want to stay healthy, the only way is through diet AND exercise.

So, the last two years seem to have blown by. And I know the surgery effect has long since left me. Going forward, it has to be ME who makes the change. But why does it have to be so damn hard??? lol

Submit "Two Years later..." to Digg Submit "Two Years later..." to del.icio.us Submit "Two Years later..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Two Years later..." to Google

Comments

You look wonderful! Congratulations on your healthy new lifestyle! Hats off to you, because like you, I hate runnung, but unlike you, I don't...sigh... Low carb has been a God-send to me. Best wishes!
    Congrats!
    You look amazing! Congrats on your accomplishment!
    Yep, I feel it too. Gained back 10 from the 70 I lost, 18 months out. Now it's all about the diet and exercise. I miss those ol sleeve days when I could eat and drink anything and bam, 2 more pounds down! It's hard because we are getting older and don't want to change.
    Same boat, sister! Lost 105lbs and found 10 of those over the last 6 months. Like you said, old habits creeping in. The fact that we can take in a bit more means we gotta knock off the "little bite of this or that" because it's adding up.

Thank you for your post! Finding 10 lbs of what I had lost is enough of an eye opener to get it together!! I'm considering the 5 day pouch test. I still feel restriction, for sure. I mostly want to get back to the basics, so what better way than starting from scratch! Good luck to you!
    I hope everything turns out good for you
    Congrats! And even with the regain, just look how fit and active and healthy you are! That's what really counts.