Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Smoke and Mirrors

I take a diuretic (water pill) for lymphedema in my lower extremities roughly once a week, and in doing so, for roughly a 24 hour period, I will lose a significant amount of weight, only to have some form of weight regain once the effects of the diuretic have worn off.

While this is happening, it feels great to step onto the scale and see loss, but when it is over, even though I understand how the medication will work in my system, it is heart-breaking because I know without question ...
  2. I believe in signs...

I am not a terribly religious person. I believe in a Higher Power. I believe you get back with you throw out into the Universe and I believe in signs.

My mom passed away on Valentine's Day 2009. She had a long bout with cancer. She passed peacefully and in her sleep which is what my family and I had hoped for when that time came. We wanted peace for her. She would have been 79 on February 26th, 2018. I believe it is a sign that my surgery date is on her birthday. I didn't ...
  3. Not sure what to title this...

I am officially scheduled for surgery for 2/26/18. I have researched myself silly. I have read as many blogs and forums that I could find. I know this journey (journey is such an overused word but I can't think of another) will not be an easy one. Just getting to this point has been a journey in of itself. The only person that knows I am having the Gastric Sleeve surgery is my husband. The scale and I are not friends. So I am not sure what I weigh at the moment. I know I weigh more now than ...
  4. Four day work week-2 pounds from goal-Happy Hour!!

And boom! Just like that the scale said 122 today!! Still losing a pound every week or so. So I am really content. I have no issues what so ever with my meals, cravings, energy levels etc. I feel amazing. I think that when I eat a little more, the scale moves. Because every time the scale goes down it is after a day or two where I feel like I have eaten a ton. I still have to eat slow and listen to my body cues but that is just making me more in tune with myself. I am actually tasting and ...
  5. 16 weeks-People are Talking-Getting my groove back

Conversation with a friend from work who had been out and I hadn't seen in about 2 months...
    Her- "People were talking about you..."
    Me-"Who's talking shit about me?"
    Her-"No they were saying how you were so tiny and shrinking."
    Me-"Oh! LOL. I thought I was going to have to fight someone."

So that really happened. I was happy for the compliments, though I have apparently been the talk of my training group (the ...
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast