Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Ampersand987

1. Awesome Breakfast ;-)

Okay, so I've discovered another awesome foodie creation! I was thinking "bread pudding"...I know, is there such a thing as a healthy one? Well, this is pretty darn close!

Last night I had another baking fit and made Bariatric Foodie's Chocolate "Thingamajiggee" Cupcakes (Bariatric Foodie: Nik's Chocolate "Thingamajigee" Protein Cupcakes). This morning I took a half of one cupcake, an egg, a dash of skim milk, and a few dried cranberries and voila! Here ...
  2. One Month Surgiversary ;-)

Okay, so I'm officially 32 days out, but close enough! I hit the 35lb lost mark today and am really happy with my weight loss. Things are very stressful in my life at the moment (it's the last few weeks of the semester) and I haven't been getting in as much exercise as I should, but food and water are going well. I'm finally off soft foods and am finding I can eat pretty much anything (at least so far), which I'm also really happy about. My average meal is between 2 and 4 ounces, depending on ...
  3. On the Spot Soft Food Recipe...Delish!

Thanksgiving Leftovers Turkey Salad, NUM! So tasty I had to share ;-)

2 ounces roast turkey breast
    1 ounce nonfat greek yogurt
    1 tablespoon mayo
    1 tablespoon cranberry sauce

Blend in a food processor until desired consistency. Soooo yummy! It might be a bit too much for one serving (makes 4 ounces), but can be split into two or save leftovers for a snack ;-)

141 calories
    7 carbs
    18 grams protein
  4. Thanksgiving and Family Drama

I am trying to prepare myself for tomorrow's food extravaganza, and it's making me a bit nervous. I will be exactly three weeks out from surgery and still on soft foods (which my mother knows and is kindly preparing some of her "soft food" acceptable recipes with low or no fat ingredients this year), but my bigger concern is everyone else. I don't want to make some big announcement but I know there will be a few people who will notice I'm not eating much (and it will be a small enough ...
  5. Thanksgiving and Family Drama

I am trying to prepare myself for tomorrow's food extravaganza, and it's making me a bit nervous. I will be exactly three weeks out from surgery and still on soft foods (which my mother knows and is kindly preparing some of her "soft food" acceptable recipes with low or no fat ingredients this year), but my bigger concern is everyone else. I don't want to make some big announcement but I know there will be a few people who will notice I'm not eating much (and it will be a small enough ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast