Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

31startingBMI

6 weeks after gastric sleeve...it feels like I won the lottery!

Rate this Entry
It's been six weeks since my surgery with Dr. alvarez. My stomach is smaller, my ankles and feet are no longer swollen, my face is thinner, I have lost 26 pounds! It would have taken me at least six months of exercising two times a day to lose this amount of weight and it would have been a struggle. Now with the sleeve I don't have the intense hunger that I did before I was sleeved. It's like I had a brain transplant along with them taking my stomach out, Lol!

I tell my friends that it's like being on a diet but instead of it being something hard to do, it's suddenly doable now. The surgery gave me my will power back. I have PCOS and metabolic syndrome and even with these two strikes against me that make losing weight even harder, I have lost weight. Now I can add more strenuous exercise back into my schedule. It will be great to get back to the gym lighter and more nimble and more able to do everything better with this weight loss.

The greatest thing is that I feel full with small amounts of food. This is a huge win for me because my stomach was so big before, it took so much food to feel satisfied and filled up. I was spending so much money on food. This surgery will definately save me money and I don't feel like I'm cruising the fridge anymore, always looking for my next meal even after I ate a full meal. I can eat high priced foods now because I don't need to eat the quanity that I did before. I love eating sushi now because I get filled up with a few pieces of sashimi not multiple rolls with all the rice like I did before.

I have just begun this journey, and no doubt I will hit some bumps in the road in the future but for now life is glorious. The real test of the sleeve and when the real work begins is when you are at goal and maintenance kicks in. If you are having second thoughts that this might not work for you, it will. It's the best shot at weight loss after failed diets. I could not be happier and this was so much easier than anticipated. My scars are hardly visible at six weeks! I feel back to normal with the stomach and will power of a skinny bitch! Lol! I look forward to buying new bikinis this summer! Life is good!

Submit "6 weeks after gastric sleeve...it feels like I won the lottery!" to Digg Submit "6 weeks after gastric sleeve...it feels like I won the lottery!" to del.icio.us Submit "6 weeks after gastric sleeve...it feels like I won the lottery!" to StumbleUpon Submit "6 weeks after gastric sleeve...it feels like I won the lottery!" to Google

Comments

What an awesome feeling ! Congrats ! I can't wait to get to that point
    I can see you smiling while you compose this awesome post. Your a great inspiraton and i will print this out and read you post right before I go under for my surgery on 2/23/15
    Congrats!