Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. It's Purely Psychological

Well...it seems it was too good to last as stagnation has once again set in and the scale refuses to move.

That's OK, however, because I know I am doing all of the right things, making all of the right decisions, and eating mostly all of the right foods. Just the same, I want to see movement on the scale because I believe from a psychological standpoint that seeing numbers move is much easier to track than putting on a pair of once tight-fitting jeans that now slip on with great ease. ...
  2. 7 Weeks Post Op and Life is Good

I am officially 7 weeks post op as of yesterday (June 8, 2018). Uncle Sleeve has been very good to me and I couldn't be happier. I am down close to 60 lbs from my start of the pre-op liquid diet on April 8, 2018. MY surgery was April 20, 2018. My high weight was 354 lbs, my weight on day of surgery was 333 lbs and I am just under 300 lbs right now at 295 lbs. I am 6'2 and 50 years young!!

I was recently on a stall where my weight really never changed for about 10 days or so, ...
  3. Poor Sleeping Patterns and a Possible VSG Connection

Generally speaking I don't sleep well. On average, if I am lucky I will receive roughly 4 hours of sleep per night. I mention this only because it is pertinent to this blog posting.

As a direct result of my lack of sleep, I find that in addition to a daily nap, I tend to lean heavily on an energy drink known as Redline Xtreme. I do so, not because I enjoy the sudden burst of energy I receive from said energy drink, rather because it has almost become a staple of my daily diet. With ...
  4. My Reality Is...Part 2

No sooner do I write a blog post about how well I have done over the course of the past three days, I now have to report that I have spiked back up in weight. But I honestly have no idea why this has happened.

I have eaten right, exercised, counted calories, watched my carbs...and for my efforts I am given a slight gain. I'm not frustrated about this, but I think about something Dale (DHB) said in response to my blog post yesterday, and that is that she fluctuates like this as well. ...
  5. My Reality Is...Part 1

Over the course of the past two weeks I have been trying hard to see movement on the scale, only to find that it can be as stubborn as I am and choose not to comply with my wishes. I have increased up my exercise routine (which I understand can build muscle and promote weight gain), I have weaned back even further on my carb intake and focused more on proteins, I have taken a long, hard look at my caloric intake...and yet, nothing.

That was until three days ago.

On ...