Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

NewMeBy50

Disappearing Buttballs & Other Fun NSVs

Rate this Entry

I don't know if you have had the "joy" of realizing you have "buttballs," but (pardon the pun) I have! "Buttballs" are those wonderful extra folds of fat that appear near the bottom of your butt near your inner thigh. I suppose if I have to show you a picture of them so you understand what I'm talking about then you've never had them; otherwise, you know exactly what I'm talking about. LOL!

Mine are almost gone!!! To me, the disappearence of my buttballs is the most exciting non-scale victory (NSV) I've experienced to date!

Other NSVs to happen recently:
  1. I got in my car and wondered who the hell had driven it last because the seat was too far back. Ummm, it was ME! I had to move my seat closer to the dashboard AND lower the steering wheel. THAT'S FUN!!!
  2. I had to buy new shoes in a smaller size. It wasn't a huge change, but I had to buy 9.5s instead of 10s. I'm hoping I get back to 8.5s when I'm done losing weight. THAT'S FUN!!!
  3. I had to buy new bras in a smaller back and cup size. Not that I'm thrilled about my shrinking Girls, but it felt good to find that my bras had literally gotten too big. THAT'S FUN!!!
  4. I got my first "Gosh, you look great! You've lost a lot of weight!" comment from a work acquaintance. THAT'S FUN!!!
  5. I realized that I haven't been this weight in TEN YEARS!!! THAT'S FUN!!!
  6. I was able to keep up with a co-worker withOUT huffing and puffing as we took a quick walk around my building. THAT'S FUN!!!
  7. I've been able to take the stairs up from the 1st to the 2nd floor at work without having to catch my breath for 20 minutes after. THAT'S FUN!!!

Can't wait to experience more NSVs!!!

Submit "Disappearing Buttballs & Other Fun NSVs" to Digg Submit "Disappearing Buttballs & Other Fun NSVs" to del.icio.us Submit "Disappearing Buttballs & Other Fun NSVs" to StumbleUpon Submit "Disappearing Buttballs & Other Fun NSVs" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congratulations! Sounds wonderful, and I'm looking forward to experiencing more of those NSVs you mentioned (already got to # 3!!). I believe I know what you mean by "buttballs" but, lol, in my case there's so much more there and everywhere that I don't think I can see mine yet! Good luck as you continue your weight loss journey.
    Congratulations!
    It ALL sounded fun!
    You're funny! Butt balls, never had a name for them but I do now!
    Buttballs! I'm dying! Hahaha hilarious! I'm literally LOL!

Congratulations on everything! You should be proud.
    I Love ur post... Keeping life REAL.Keep up all ur hard work and much more success and a longer list of oh yea's, Cant wait for them to come my way...
    Today you put your butt balls to rest, rest in peace butt balls. Lol! Congrats sweety.
    Thanks for responding to my query and offering to meet, talk, or just communicate here...BTW...sounds like you've been having WAY TOO MUCH FUN! I am in the process of reading all your blog posts, as you suggested...I am smiling! Such a great experience you've had, and it makes it easier for me to think my surgery will go well, too! More later, and thanks so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoAllTheWeigh
    Thanks for responding to my query and offering to meet, talk, or just communicate here...BTW...sounds like you've been having WAY TOO MUCH FUN! I am in the process of reading all your blog posts, as you suggested...I am smiling! Such a great experience you've had, and it makes it easier for me to think my surgery will go well, too! More later, and thanks so much!
    Cyndy - I'm thrilled for you for making this decision to do this. It's an incredible journey. Often I wonder why I waited so long to do this because I paid DEARLY for my procrastination and stubbornness. One of my favorite quotes comes to mind: "Feel the fear and do it anyway!" And then enjoy all the positive changes that result from you making this change in your life. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Upgrading
    Today you put your butt balls to rest, rest in peace butt balls. Lol! Congrats sweety.
    This made me laugh! Thanks!