Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kiimae777

On my way to achieving my goals!

Rate this Entry
Sooo about I feel like three weeks ago I decided to start jogging. I wanted to build my endurance and start to eventually run. Some reasons why I chose running 1. I have never been a runner and i have always struggled with it, and this might sound weird but I literally dream about it, I have this reoccurring dream where I am just running, not like running away but just running and it feels amazing, I'm not getting tired and I just keep going and in my dream I am aware that this is something big and not a normal thing for me and I want to achieve that while I'm awake. 2. One of my goals is to be able to run one of those awesome 5k runs....They look like soo much fun and to be able to say I accomplished it would be amazing. So in the beginning of my journey, I started in increments of walking/jogging, 2-3 min walking and as long as I could jogging about 2 min. Each day I pushed my self harder. Im proud to say 3 weeks in, I can almost jog a mile straight (i say almost because I start off in a brisk walk for a min), and i don't stop there I move to a second mile, more of a walk/jog mile but still another mile. Then yesterday on top of the two miles on the treadmill I added 1 mile on the elliptical! Im up to three miles a day of cardio, 5 days a week. This week I did 10 miles and next I Will do 15. I thought I would share this, because I'm super excited and pretty proud of myself, but also because I'm feeling awesome, I feel like my goals are so attainable and I want everyone here to know that theirs are too. Things you thought you would never do or enjoy doing, you can change, look at it as challenge and go for it, you got this!

Submit "On my way to achieving my goals!" to Digg Submit "On my way to achieving my goals!" to del.icio.us Submit "On my way to achieving my goals!" to StumbleUpon Submit "On my way to achieving my goals!" to Google

Comments

Congratulations! You should be proud!
    Sounds like u know what u want...go after it! Congratulations too!
    Great job! I've found I feel more successful when I do my run outside rather than on the treadmill, but that's probably my mind instead of any real difference. I have been working with the Couch to 5k app and when that's achieved will get the Couch to 10k app to build up to that. I love how running makes me feel and I was never a runner before either.