Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Roshus Girl

3 weeks Post Op...PAIN! PAIN!

Rate this Entry
Hey Everyone!
I am now 3 weeks post op. I have had my share of pain for about a week and half now. At almost 2 weeks post op I rolled over slowly in my bed, after that I felt like I had razor blades cutting through my main incision are just beneath it. My swelling in my stomach has gone down enough that I am now able to see swelling of a gourd like shape (Assuming it is my new tummy) that is swollen and still protrudes out. I am unable to lay on my side or get up very well without wanting to cry at times; even standing can be very painful to the point of having to apply pressure to the area. None of my pain meds have touched the pain...so...off to the doctor in the morning for a check up. I am not sure if anyone else has experienced anything similar, but if this is only a muscle thing I will wince and bare it! Everything else seems to be going okay. I am down 16#'s, I am staying hydrated and haven't felt feverish. I will be glad to have some answers to why I am still in severe pain, and hopefully some extra help with managing the pain. I hope everyone is feeling successful and staying the course! Best Wishes Slever's!

Submit "3 weeks Post Op...PAIN! PAIN!" to Digg Submit "3 weeks Post Op...PAIN! PAIN!" to del.icio.us Submit "3 weeks Post Op...PAIN! PAIN!" to StumbleUpon Submit "3 weeks Post Op...PAIN! PAIN!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I believe you should call your surgent/nurse first thing in the morning asap... That doesn't sound good.. Good luck..
    Ohhh I just love CS LEWIS- my favorite quote from him is : “If you think of this world as a place simply intended for our happiness, you find it quite intolerable: think of it as a place for training and correction and it's not so bad.”

― C.S. Lewis
    Maybe you've herniated something. That is common with WLS. Hope you find relief soon.
    Please call your doctor. It is always better to be safe rather than wait it out. There has been so much "drama" to our bodies that it is better to have it checked out. Please keep up posted and best of luck. I hope you feel better soon.
    I hope your appointment goes well this morning and you find out what is going on. You are in my thoughts and prayers today.
    I would say call your doctor...but seeing as you're seeing them today good luck!!! Next time dont wait so long if you're in pain its better to call your doctor to just check in to make sure what you're feeling is a normal thing!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyaReady4Change
    I believe you should call your surgent/nurse first thing in the morning asap... That doesn't sound good.. Good luck..
    My doctor said I am doing okay and gave me more pain meds! Yay! Peace of Mind!!
    Quote Originally Posted by speedracer
    Ohhh I just love CS LEWIS- my favorite quote from him is : “If you think of this world as a place simply intended for our happiness, you find it quite intolerable: think of it as a place for training and correction and it's not so bad.”

― C.S. Lewis
    I Love C.S. Lewis's work as well...he had such a poignant way with words and thought;he was truly a gifted writer. Thank You for sharing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Breen
    Maybe you've herniated something. That is common with WLS. Hope you find relief soon.
    Hernia was my fear as well. Luckily I didn't do anything wrong and I am just taking a LONG time to heal; more pain meds and down time! Happy Girl! Thank you for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by lisab215
    Please call your doctor. It is always better to be safe rather than wait it out. There has been so much "drama" to our bodies that it is better to have it checked out. Please keep up posted and best of luck. I hope you feel better soon.
    I agree, which is why I was only patient for so long. I figured I may have pulled a muscle so I wanted to give my body some time, but after a week of pain to the point of tears...oye! So glad to be "OK" and given more pain meds to combat the healing process. Thank You for you thoughtful words!
    Quote Originally Posted by reading mom
    I hope your appointment goes well this morning and you find out what is going on. You are in my thoughts and prayers today.
    I Thank You for your prayers today, that means so much! My appointment went well, and I am Okay! Happy Dance! More prescription pain meds and more down time; but so thankful no more surgery needed or anything serious. Thank You again for your help and kindness.
    Quote Originally Posted by silver2319
    I would say call your doctor...but seeing as you're seeing them today good luck!!! Next time dont wait so long if you're in pain its better to call your doctor to just check in to make sure what you're feeling is a normal thing!!!
    I agree with you, my unfortunate situation is that my doctor is an hour away So I was hoping to feel better, but alas this was not so; so we bite the bullet and make the drive. But today was good news and I am just a slowskee in the healing department, so more prescription meds and down time; all of which I can handle (NO SURGERY!) Thank You for your support, the peace of mind is priceless!
    I'm glad all is well. Hope you feel better
    I am so glad that you went to the doctor! Please keep us posted. Good luck as you continue this new journey!