Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

songbirdofny

First day Pre-op Diet

Rate this Entry
I'm two weeks away from getting sleeved and today I started my pre-op diet. I can barely get through my fist protein shake and I have two more that I have to get down before dinner. I'm drinking the GNC Total Lean protein shake in Swiss Chocolate and I just hate it.

Any suggestions for decent tasting protein shakes?

In other news, I'm two weeks away and while I'm still nervous I have really started to accept that this is happening for me. I had my final round of lab work done and I meet with my anesthesiologist on Monday. All thats left is to get my work done before I start working from home for three weeks!

I can't believe how fast this past month and half has gone by!

Submit "First day Pre-op Diet" to Digg Submit "First day Pre-op Diet" to del.icio.us Submit "First day Pre-op Diet" to StumbleUpon Submit "First day Pre-op Diet" to Google

Comments

premium protein drinks u can get at sams or costco or some other retailers seems to be a favorite.
    only ones I can stomach are adkins premade shakes in chocolate royale flavor.. they only have 15g protein, but that's what I do
    Absolutely - get the Unjury brand protein drinks. They are delicious. They have Strawberry Sorbet, two chocolates, vanilla, unflavored and chicken soup. I started yesterday on my pre-op and I'm loving them. Make them with 8 oz. skim milk - delicious.

You have to order from UNJURY Medical Quality Protein. Best Tasting Whey Protein Isolate Powder. Most Trusted Whey Protein Powder Supplement. High Quality Whey Protein to get these. Order the sample kit because it has a thermometer that you will need and a good assortment of flavors. Protein powder can't be heated over 140 degrees.

Good Luck.
    Congrats on getting started. I am getting sleeved on May 12th so I started my 2 week pre-op diet on Monday, April 28th.
    Are you on a total liquid diet or just low carb?
    I'm on three shakes a day plus a lean protein dinner.
    I havent had my sleeve yet but I started buying some protein shakes and I like the adkins pre made ones...a lot of people recommended them. Also have unjury ordered but havent tried it but have heard they are also very good! Congrats...Im about 2wks before my preoperative 2wk liquid diet and am very nervous about it.
    I'm not going to lie, the first day has been a bit rough. But I'm still trying to navigate my way through this.
    dont know if you like different flavors but buy some vanilla protein powder and add some sugar free pudding of your choice to it they are pretty tasty!!
    I drank boost glucose control in chocolate and vanilla. There is also a strawberry flavor. Good luck and take it one meal at a time. You will do fine. The first day is always the hardest.