Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

mokaza

1. Visit With Nutritionist

Yesterday I had my one year appointment with my Nutritionist. She looked over my caloric intake and says "your not eating enough". A year ago I would have never have heard those words coming out of anyone's mouth. I had to laugh at her. She wants me to get 1200 calories a day. I was getting around 900 a day. She gave me some good suggestions about adding good carbs to my diet. I mentioned that a my year checkup on January 6th the Doctor has said I had lost 73 percent of my excess weight ...
  2. Things I Have Learned In 365 Days

A year. It's been a year! In June of 2013 I went to my first doctors appointment. I weighed 296 lbs. Six months later on day of surgery I weighed 275 lbs. Today I weigh 192 lbs. Along the way I learned that food is fuel not comfort. You can, or at least I can, eat anything. Should I? No. I try to stick to protein first and try to stay under 1000 calories a day. The last two months have seen a drastic slow down on the weight loss front. About a pound a month. Am trying different thing to jump start ...
  3. How much of life was I missing?

I always told myself that I could still do everything I wanted even if I was heavy. I was lying. My middle child goes to school in Jacksonville Florida (I know, tough life). Last year her father drove down with her from Maryland and helped her move in. This year my husband and I both came with her. On Friday morning we went and got all her stuff from her storage unit. When we got here we rented a car for ourselves. We filled both cars up twice with her stuff. Then we had to take it up to her third ...