Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

sally65

The Good News and the Bad News!

Rate this Entry
The bad news is that I got the results of my sleep study. I have obstructed sleep apnea and stopped breathing an average of 26 times an hour. The good news is that because of that I will be approved for my surgery!! Now its just doing the three months of nutrition and weigh ins!! It really sucks to have to be so sick in order to get insurance approval.

Submit "The Good News and the Bad News!" to Digg Submit "The Good News and the Bad News!" to del.icio.us Submit "The Good News and the Bad News!" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Good News and the Bad News!" to Google

Comments

I too was diagnosed with Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea, wearing the cpap isn't that bad. It was an adjustment to sleep on my back though. I got through it, and I feel much better. I only have a few sips of diet coke in the morning for the caffeine (though I could probably give it up) compared to 5-6 cans each morning!!!!!!! You'll see a big change.
    i as well was diagnosed with Severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea. i actually never got the Cpap, due to finances. BUT, the good news is i was finally approved for my surgery. I know how horrible it feels to wake up with the headaches and be drowsy throughout the day, and even to have the fear of going to be bed and running the risk of not waking up. and you are right it sucks to have to be so sick before getting approved for a life saving surgery. But on the bright side, now you know youll be able to get the surgery. Its a start to a new journey, a new life, a new you!! youve got this girl! good luck and god bless!
    Thank you!!
    I told you would be Positive for the sleep apnea.. See it all is working out for you.
    My husband has it (sounds like he's trying to suck a tennis ball through a garden hose) and it affects MY sleep!
    I was diagnosed and prescribed a CPAP machine too. Like you, it's what qualified me for the surgery. You will be surprised how you can sleep with the mask on...I have even managed to sleep on my sides and turn during the night without issue. You will notice the difference too...you'll find that 4 o'clock nap that you absolutely needed, is no longer necessary (although still nice sometimes) haha Good luck in your journey!