Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

FindingMyLostSpirit

1. Freaking Out (with little support!)

So, in 3 days, I'll be on a plane...Freaking out (mildly) as this will be my first trip on a plane without my kids. I don't know about any of you other parents out there, but ever since my first was born- everything changed. I never, never had any problems or difficulty flying until then. Esp now- flying without them- I am on the verge of a meltdown. To play psychiatrist for a sec, I'd be willing to bet it has something deep down to do with the fact my dad got on a plane for vacation and never ...
  2. Why I NEED this...

I'll try to be short here... there are two fairly recent incidents which have only confirmed that my decision to have this surgery is the right thing to do:

A few weeks ago, the kids and I made our way to my niece's play. On the way, we grabbed McDonalds- cause it was fast and healthy-right? We arrived, watched a great performance of Annie On the way home, we were going to have an extra passenger who we didn't expect. In an attempt to put the 3rd row seats up, I had asked my son ...
  3. Reached My Limit

Quote Originally Posted by FindingMyLostSpirit View Post
    I was a very good athlete growing up- it was pretty much my identity. When stepping on a field or a court, I could block out any insecurities I may have had and compete with the best of them. Did it for years even after college. I didn't gain my weight until after I had my kids (3)...Staying home with them and realizing that nearly all the child rearing responsibilities landed squarely in my lap. I became frustrated with the lack of help from my 'better half'- eating to cover emotions that I