Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jazziejasmine

1. Article on Yahoo!

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livin...163900419.html

I just read through this ladies story about how losing 180 pounds didn't change anything other than her measurements. Really a good story, well written. Made me open my eyes because until you realize why you became overweight, you will never understand how to deal with the weight loss.

I struggle still with what I eat because by having this surgery, all it did was change ...
  2. 1 Year Surgiversary . . .

Sunday, February 24, 2013 will be my official 1 year surgiversary and I can tell you all this was the best decision of my LIFE! I can not believe the positive changes I have gone through in this past year, as well as the hard times in these last couple months. To date here are my stats:

Beginning weight: 261 Current weight: 167
    (93 pounds lost and not to be found again!)

Beginning inches arms: 15" Current: 10.75"
    Beginning ...
  3. Struggling after 10 months!

Oh how I love the holidays! The family together-ness, time off from work, just the all around happy feeling the holidays bring to everyone. Then, there's the food! Oh my how wonderful to see all the goodies people create just around the holidays and you can't help but want to taste and enjoy like everyone else. There lies my problem.

As of December 24th it has been 10 months since my surgery and I've lost about 85 pounds. I say about 85 pounds because with the grazing I've gained ...
  4. Eight Months and 80 pounds!!

Wow, still such a roller coaster ride! I know there are so many on here that have lost more weight in less time but those people are also more determined than I am. They weigh and measure and count and exercise and really stay focused while I tend to drag my feet and let it just happen naturally (by way of surgery).

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my progress thus far. I could never have lost 80 pounds on my own to know that it will never come back! I don't have the discipline ...
  5. 7-1/2 months post op and shopping is . . . different!

7 -1/2 months out and 75 pounds down - wahoo! Life is so different now as even though I don't see it, people comment on how much I've changed (for the better)! If I go back and look at old pics of myself, I can definately see the transformation but to just look in the mirror, I still see the fat woman I've always been.

Shopping is a new experience for me. I always used to enjoy shopping at a younger woman and when I got older and fatter it just was out of necessity rather than ...
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast