Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Dr Fernando Garcia in Tijuana

Hello, I am new to this site (signed up today). My surgery date is on 3/25/16 with Dr Fernando Garcia in Tijuana. Have any of you had your surgery with him? If so, what was your experience?

Thanks!
  2. Being away from forum.

The last time I was on this site was back in September 2015. I didn't return back to this forum because I became very disappointed after learning that one of my weight classes didn't count and I had to start another six months before I could turn in my insurance. I just became discouraged and fought with myself should I go on for the surgery or just stay overweight. I came to the conclusion I want to live and went through the six months again. My weight wouldn't go down this six months like it did ...
  3. Gastroperesis Diagnosis?

Besides being overweight, I have been diagnosed with gastroperesis.. where the stomach holds food too long and causes issues... I am told the Sleeve procedure will help... anyone have this diagnosis ?
  4. 6 days away...

My surgery is scheduled for Monday (3/14), and I'm super excited. I'm not nervous (yet), but am really looking forward to starting the rest of my life as a normal weight person. I've always been the bigger if not biggest friend of the group, I've always been the one to stay in the shadows and not want the spotlight, but I'm ready for that to change and just be normal and blend in. I have a little over a hundred pounds to lose. I've had some push back from a few close friends and family members ...
  5. 7 weeks out - capsule swallowing victory!

7 weeks out, and I can finally swallow capsules! I consider it a victory because I've been trying for a few weeks now, with mixed results: from throwing them (plus other stuff inadvertently!) back up right away, to getting them 'stuck' in my throat, to just not sitting well ... but yesterday's attempt, no issues!

Now, these are not giant horse pills, these are just vegetarian gel caps, maybe 'medium' sized (compared to my large multivitamin capsules (which I still break open and ...