Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Advice for the Newbie just sleeved

I have been on vacation in Alaska! Several newbie's asked me for some advice while i was gone, This is what i came up with:
    Staying hydrated is 1st priority,SIP, SIP,SIP! healing tummy with soft mushy is 2nd. Protein is important, but at this early stage your tummy is still healing so for this 1st couple months you don't have to be fanatical about protein, soft mushy feels the best and is gentle for your stomach to heal. Also remember that your tummy is tiny now, like a baby, so you only ...
  2. I had a very good reason for keeping my surgery a secret!

This is why i chose not to tell others about my surgery. I have known a few who had Bariatric surgery and was surprised and shocked at how negative people in general viewed it. And how much they liked to gossip about the person behind their back. It always made me uncomfortable because i wondered what people were saying about MY weight behind my back,from both people who knew me and strangers alike.Over the years i had heard so many mean comments about surgery being the "easy way out" ...

Updated 07-26-2012 at 12:02 PM by Rainbow (spelling errors)

Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
  3. 8 weeks post op

Can't believe it's 8 weeks since my surgery!

I saw the surgeon last week for a check up, really happy with my progress so far. I've lost 81 pounds in total but that's including the weight I lost Preop.
    I'm almost halfway there!

My head is still finding it difficult to accept that tiny amounts of food are sufficient. I don't feel hungry, my head just wants more. Habits of a lifetime I suppose.
    Sometimes it can be uncomfortable to eat especially towards ...
  4. Guts

Last week during a conversation with my sister about eating she told me that doing what I did took guts. Me.....guts? Well let me tell you why this meant so very much to me
    My sister is one of the strongest women I know. On October 16, 2011 her life changed in the blink of an eye. She was asleep in the passenger seat of a vehicle and the driver fell asleep at the wheel. It rolled 2.5 times and it took 1st responders 30 minutes to cut her out of the wreckage. She was airlifted (thank God) ...
  5. If your considering Weight Loss surgery

Watching TLC lady 800+ pounds get bypass Rachel Williams. It took 5 incisions and she was in surgery for 5 hours. They say over 2 million people way to much to qualify for surgery, because they weight over 550 pounds. There are 100 people in the state of Texas alone. They showed a guy who had it three months ago and lost over 100 pounds he said anyone who is overweight he urges them to get the surgery if they can't lose the weight themselves. They said there are doctors who are willing to do surgery ...
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast