Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

JUstKAWS

Not even a year and guess what I am? Preggers

Rate this Entry
So, my year isn't even until August 21st of this year. But, back in May I learned that I am pregnant. I'm about 11 weeks now and everything seems to be on track with the baby so far. I was just 6lbs shy of my goal weight but, whatever...that'll have to wait now.

Is there anything I should be concerned about being pregnant less than a year out? I know what I'm concerned about now - getting enough to eat to keep going. I'm so tired right now and I know a big part of that is just first trimester anyway but, I can't shake the feeling that I may not get enough nutrition right now. My 5 year old eats more than me and she's not even a big eater.

Anyway, this is what's going on with me right now. I'll update as I go along about being a pregnant gastric sleever, less than a year out. YAY!

Submit "Not even a year and guess what I am?  Preggers" to Digg Submit "Not even a year and guess what I am?  Preggers" to del.icio.us Submit "Not even a year and guess what I am?  Preggers" to StumbleUpon Submit "Not even a year and guess what I am?  Preggers" to Google

Comments

Well, congratulations on the baby.

I know there are a few people on here that have had kids after the sleeve, so I'm sure you will be fine.
    Congratulations!!
    Congrats!
    But I have to say that pregnancy after sleeve can be a huge challenge. The nutritional aspect is hard in its self but also the mental side of gaining weight again is something that made it really tough for me. I was 15 months out when i got pregnant and everything looked great till the 5th month and suddenly the baby was in only the 1% range for weight from the U/S pictures so they were monitoring me very closely. All I can say is be careful and make sure you keep up the water intake. I know there are people on here who have not known they were pregnant when they got their sleeve and have been ok but pregnancy after sleeve can really take it out of you more so than before.
    Thank you everyone!

ACE - thank you for the heads up. My last pregnancy (she's 5 now and pre-sleeve) I gained only 8lbs. I was thrilled but, I never lost it after anyway. She was an 8lb 4oz baby! I'm actually hoping to gain some during this pregnancy. I haven't even weighed myself in the last few weeks. Partly because we also moved and I can't remember what box I put the scale in!
    I got down to a size 4 and I can still wear a size 4, I'm not showing yet. So, I know I'm a bit worried. My OB/GYN is not worried about the gestational diabetes this time. He's impressed with my weight loss but, I don't think he has a whole lot of knowledge about the sleeve. I go in for another ultrasound next Thursday and I'm praying everything still looks on track!
    How is your baby now?
    awesome. congrats.
    Congratulations! It sounds lik you are staying on top of things so I am sure the next months will work out for you.