Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Gjourney912

6 days post-op and encountering my 1st BBQ!

Rate this Entry
I will be learning all about resistance today. Granted I have the help of this special tool and no appetite. I will be up against tons of delicious food this afternoon. It's Memorial Day and the celebration of my Moms birthday! Yikes!!! The best thing is that I won't dare risk eating because I know I would be risking my health if I dared to eat one solid food. It's not worth it! In the end I didn't come this far to let one day ruin anything for me. So I will be strong admire how wonderful the food looks and smells and continue to SIP SIP SIP!!! Lol I don't think it's going to be hard...we'll see...to be continued...

Submit "6 days post-op and encountering my 1st BBQ!" to Digg Submit "6 days post-op and encountering my 1st BBQ!" to del.icio.us Submit "6 days post-op and encountering my 1st BBQ!" to StumbleUpon Submit "6 days post-op and encountering my 1st BBQ!" to Google

Comments

Well good luck with that! It helps tremendously that you are mentally prepared. Just make sure that you take things you can eat/drink so you stay satisfied.
    You got this...tell yourself you don't like those things. Think of something you don't like about each thing. Real or imagined.
    Hope it goes well. You may well be tempted, but visualise those NEW tender little staples holding you stomach together. They are not quite settled in yet, your tummy is swollen from the surgery and the merest bite would be mighty uncomfortable and possibly dangerous.
    You'll be fine - you can kick back and just enjoy the company.
    I know I wish I could find some barbeque protien shakes, LOL. Stay strong and this too shall pass. You will be able to enjoy a bite maybe two for the 4th of July.
    Oh you got this! Your doing great-
    Plus... Memorial Day and your Mom's birthday occurs every year, you will be ready next year.
    Congrats!!! on your will power.
    Congrats! I know my surgery is in less then three weeks and i start my liquid diet on Thursday, to me it felt like a going away party but in the end it is all for the better!
    I feel you pain I had the same thing happen to me this weekend. An awesome bbq at my sister in laws on Friday and my niece's birthday party on Saturday. Then everybody decides to party at my house on Sunday which usually includes great food and drinks.. It was hard but I proved to myself how bad I want this and I got through the weekend. I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 18 lbs how much have you lost so far?