Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

char602

1. Feeling ready!

I'm feeling mentally and physically ready for surgery.

I've been working out 5 days a week, including Zumba, MixxedFit and Barre classes. In addition, I've started running 2 miles 3 days a week. I've been drinking Protein Shakes and logging everything in MyFitness Pal (Charletta3). I've joined a few challenges with friends on line (currently a planking challenge & a couch25k type program). I've built up a great support system online and even been in contact with some local folks ...
  2. Jeez Louise

we have just been talking about all the drama and people on the board for the sole purpose of recruiting....... then I get this unsolicited message in my inbox....SMH.

IT'S A LIFE CHANGING SURGERY
    Today 06:46 PM
    matthew.dalton

Hi my names Matthew Dalton!

4 years ago i went to TJ Mexico and had my surgery done by Dr Verboonen and VIP Medical Services! i highly recommend them> i have lost over 150 pounds. i live in ...
  3. Holy Dantana Batman- I moved my date up

Things seem to be moving really fast. I am so excited and scared at the same time.

I asked my doctor to refer me for surgery on August 5th, which she did. Was immediately turned down because my BMI is 35, and my co-morbidities aren't serious enough (sleep apnea and blood pressure so high its landed me in the ER 3x). I filed an appeal right away with my doctor advocating for me. Out of desperation I started researching self pay options and found this community very early on in my ...
  4. Why am I here?

Like many people on this board, I haven't always been heavy. I used to be very athletic and was known in my group of friends for having the 'athlete's body'. Fast forward and 4 kids, and a 13 year violent marriage and here I am.

I gained most of my excess weight when I had my 3rd child. 7 Years ago I left my abusive husband, and spent some time tending to my mental and physical wounds. I was at my highest weight (235) and I was sick of it. In 2010 I went on this insane fitness kick ...