Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

jamiejewell

1. celebrated my 50th birthday this week! YIKES!

This was a big birthday for me this year and one that I really dreaded but I feel the best I have in years. I had my surgery on 3/12/2012 and am down 55 lbs. This picture was taken on my birthday. I had a rough time at first but I can now say I am happy I had my surgery. Can't wait to get this last 20 lbs off.
  2. 3 months post op, down 51 lbs!

Today I am 3 months post op and I have lost 51 lbs! I am finally feeling better, in fact I feel great! I had a lot of post op problems but those are all improved now. I am still dealing with a gastric ulcer that I got from the horrible reflux. As long as I take my purple pill (nexium) I am fine. I saw my surgeon on Friday and got a good report. I don't have to go back to see him for 3 more months and hope to be real close to my goal then. I bought some new uniforms last night and bought mediums!! ...
  3. Finally feeling better

I am finally feeling better. I haven't thrown up in a week and my ulcer has quit hurting. I also hit a big milestone today. Down 45 lbs!!
  4. More problems for me

I have been having horrible acid reflux at night. So bad that it keeps me awake. I was taking protonix and prilosec. Started passing blood in my stool over the weekend and by Tuesday I was one sick girl. Vomiting and bloody stool. My Dr. ordered an Upper GI and I have a bleeding ulcer. He sent me for IV fluids and out of work the rest of the week. I am feeling better but still not able to eat much at all. Still vomiting some but no more blood. The Dr. put me on nexium twice a day and carafate 4 ...
  5. pains in right side??

I am 7 weeks post op and I still get real sharp pains in my right side near my incision. It doesn't feel like incisional pain, it feels deeper. It will sometimes double me over. It usually passes after a little while. Doesn't seem to be gas although I struggle with constipation since surgery. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems. Other than that I am doing good.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast