Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

elle77

15 weeks out

Rate this Entry
Today I hit the 15 week mark!

I'm getting where I need to be little by little and I'm very happy.
I do have stalls and it's OK. I've learned to roll with them. To not fuss over the scale. I have days where I go up in water weight and come all the way down. I'm still having bathroom issues but my Dr. says it's because my body was used to me consuming large amounts of water before surgery and now that I'm on the daily struggle to chug more than 64 0z from 3 liters is a big change. I used to be able to guzzle 2 1.5 liter bottles with zero problems. I'm happy with the way things are going NOW. In the beginning, it was a struggle and let me tell you....it was all worth it!!

I'll never be that weight again! I will never allow myself to eat for just anything. I had a major problem eating with my feelings and Thank God now I can't do that anymore. My sleeve was a gift. I'm incredibly Thankful for everyone here going through this journey with me and getting the chance to share and experience this with all of you. Today I'm at 224. I haven't been this weight in 13+ years. I can't wait to be down to 200! I'm almost there. Slow and steady and I'm glad. I'm still trying to find the perfect balance!! I'm getting everything in a rhythm now and it feels really good.

My back pain is lessening. I was in a horrible auto accident in 2015 which caused damage to my L4, L5, & S1. This surgery helped me so much with alleviating the pressure from my weight. I still have some pain, but NOTHING like before. I'm so happy I did this. it was the best decision for ME!!

Submit "15 weeks out" to Digg Submit "15 weeks out" to del.icio.us Submit "15 weeks out" to StumbleUpon Submit "15 weeks out" to Google

Comments

I am so glad to hear that your back pain is lessening! That is one of the main reasons that I decided to have the surgery. My Neurosurgeon has wanted to do back surgery for over 5 years and that scares me to death. The gastric sleeve surgery is a little less frightening that back surgery and it will help to solve other health issues as well.

So glad you're making good progress! Keep it up!
    Great job Elle! Did you have your surgery on a Thursday? I'm asking because I am 15 weeks today and I had my surgery on the 3rd...which was a Thursday. LOL. I am glad you doing so well and your back pain is getting better. And I agree with you....little by little is just fine by me too. I see some people lose 20-30 lbs in a week and am in awe. I am just at the 40 lb mark since surgery and I am ok with that. My body, my journey, my sleeve....not wrong or slow, just different. I think maybe the slow and steady may help with not getting so saggy. At least that is what I like to tell myself. LOL.
    Thank you @Linda51! It really did help with the back pain. Surgery was the next option for me. I was already getting injections into my spine for the pain. Losing all of this weight has definitely helped tremendously along with becoming active.

@Christie13, I had my surgery on Wednesday 11/2/16. It was actually my birthday. It was a gift to myself. hehehehe. I know what you mean about the weightloss. I see people losing all kinds of weight and I'm just in awe, but at the same time I'm glad it's coming off the way it is.
    I feel the same way about the saggy skin too! Slow and steady! It's coming off little by little and I'm happy about it.