Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kbtorp

Past the 250 mark!

Rate this Entry
Today was the day! I finally went past the 250 mark. It has been almost 4 1/2 months since my surgery and I have officially lost over 100 pounds. I can't believe it! There was a time that I thought I would never get down past 250, but I did. It is possible. I'm halfway to my goal weight.

But now that I have lost this much I am starting to see some sagging skin. Mostly in my arms and a little bit in my upper thighs. Luckily my stomach has pretty much gone back. But I was wondering if anyone has any tips and tricks for sagging skin. Or any special workouts that you do.

Also, at my 3 month mark I started loosing hair. From my own understanding I think that this is very normal at this stage in the game. And luckily for me my hair is really thick so I'm the only one that can really notice the hair lose.

But my other concern is that my hair has stopped growing. Normally I wouldn't be so worried about this. But I'm getting married this coming October and I would like to have long beautiful hair. Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

If anyone has any tips, tricks or solutions please HELP! Thank you everyone for all the encouragement! Cheers!

Submit "Past the 250 mark!" to Digg Submit "Past the 250 mark!" to del.icio.us Submit "Past the 250 mark!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Past the 250 mark!" to Google

Comments

congrats on getting married your gonna look super great at your new weight in oct. as for your hair lost I have heared that it stops falling out when your 6months out. I haven't experienced this yet but from reading others this is what was said good luck to you.
    To help with the sagging skin, I really think you have to exercise and convert the fat to muscle. A combination of cardio for the weight loss and strength training to convert to muscle and tighten the skin.

For hair loss, I have done a couple of things. For one, I wash my hair every third day, which helps a lot. I also had about 5 inches cut off my hair over the weekend. I have noticed that my hair isn't falling out as much now.
    I'm told your hair will start growing again about three months after it stopped, so that gives you plenty of time before your wedding. (Congrats, btw!) I hope it's true because my hair is falling out too.

As for saggy skin, a lot depends on age and genetics, but there are a few things you can do to help. First, hydrate! Be sure you're getting all your water and lotion up every day. Second, take collagen supplements. Third, doing certain toning exercises like yoga or pilates can help shape what's dragging. Finally, be aware that your skin will continue to tighten up for two or three years, so don't expect overnight results. In the meantime, there's always body shaping undergarments like spanx. Good luck!
    Congrats on your upcoming marriage. I don't have much advice for the hair loss other than get your protein in and b vitamins. As for the saggy skin, my naturopath recommended pure virgin coconut oil rubbed in daily after exfoliating with a loofah in the shower. I've also heard Palmer's pregnancy cream helps, but I don't care for the fragrance too much. These lotions/exfoliating creams along with staying hydrated and doing toning exercises should help. As mentioned above from purplhouse, give your skin some time to shrink. Good luck to you!
    First congratulations on your success and upcoming wedding. I dont know about the hair loss but I do know about skin and body image. WATER AEROBIC is an amazing exercise to tone, and get your sagging skin under control. I personally work out in the water and its the best. Even my cellulite is shrunken. The two boobs without nipples thst normally hangout in my thighs ( lol) are almost gone. I have not had my sleeve yet but I do aqua cycling and high intensity aroebic s and my body is getting toned. I stsrted in September do my skin could be headed in the right direction once I start to lose weight quickly. So thats what works for me along with the water and lotions the other ladies mentioned. I use shea butter after using loofah and scrubs to open pores. Good luck.
    Hair Probs: AG Pro (Sold at Walgreens in the Pharmacy behind the counter...just ask for it) $18 for 180 pills. It says to take 6 a day but I take 3!
    Congrats on the upcoming wedding & the major weightloss!!!! That's fantastic!!! I've heard that sheng fa is good for hair.
    Congrats on your success and your wedding! I just recently started to lose some hair, so unfortunately no tips....