Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Harts4you

1. Easy-Peasy Surgery

Thank you to you all for the many, many good wishes and prayers. I had
    my surgery 2 weeks ago and it was easy-peasy, lol. I had no pain, no gas,
    no problems of any kind. I highly recommend Dr. Jose Rodriguez. My surgery only took about 35 minutes but I was in recovery about 3 hours. I remember
    being taken to the pre-surgery area and trying to talk to the nurse. Then all
    I remember was waking up in my room and seeing my husband. I slept through
    it all, lol. ...
  2. Today's my big day!!!

Leaving for the airport in a few hours. I have everything packed and ready to go. I feel like a little girl on Christmas Eve. It's going to be such a big, exciting day! I'm taking my puter with me, so I will try to post as soon as I can. Of course I was on my feet all day yesterday getting things ready and now both of my ankles are killing me. I broke one and badly sprained the other one about 3 months ago and had to postpone my surgery until today. Oh, well, I'll be getting pain meds before ...
  3. a little of this, a little of that

It's really weird, I was getting scared about my surgery right before Thanksgiving. I was doubting what the heck I was doing. I am scheduled for Nov 29. I was lucky, my pre-op instructions said that I could eat all the chicken or turkey I wanted along with my liquid protein. So I ate lots of turkey on Thanksgiving day but I did sneak in 1 teaspoon of dressing. Not too bad. On Friday, I ate leftover turkey and had 2 teaspoons of sweet potato casserole, ended up spitting most of that out, way ...
  4. changing my surgery date

Hi Sleevers, so sorry to tell you that I have to postpone my surgery. I fell down some stairs on Tuesday, Sept 4th and broke my ankle in 3 places. I was in the hospital for 3 days and have a brace on the other badly sprained ankle and a cast on the broken ankle, with 3 long screws inside. So I will be postponing my surgery because my injury will not be healed by Oct 6th.
    In a lot of ways I am really upset because I wanted my surgery so badly. But I have read so much here about bloodclots ...