Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Laurynsmum

1. Little Update

I have a little update, I ended up going to the er Friday night (August 12th, 2016) as I was in a lot of pain from not having a bm since surgery, I had a pretty big plug there, Dr. Davis from Fredericton was on call so he gave me a fleet to take home, so I came home and did it and nothing it didn't do a damn thing for me so I was up all night in pain and trying to get things moving along.

I ended up having to go back to the er Saturday am and I was there the entire day and ...
  2. Post Surgery!

Finally I have had my surgery, I had it on Tuesday August 2nd, 2016. everything went really well, Dr. Beausoile said he was very pleased and the surgery only took about 30 minutes to complete. I had a lot of pain and vomiting after the surgery for the first couple of days so I spent two nights in the hospital and was able to come home lastnight. it was wonderful to be in my own home in my own bed and a bathroom I didn't have to share with 3 strangers! Today I am sore but I spend 4.5 hours in the ...
  3. July 18th, 2016 - last day of food.

So today was my last day of real food, tomorrow I start my pre-opp shakes. I tried to have a little bit of my favorite foods over the past week, knowing I wont be having them again for quite some time. I am to start my pre-opp shakes tomorrow, I am nervous of them, but anxious to start at the same time, I ordered the chocolate ones and I am really hoping they don't taste like chalk lol my dietitian told me that they are better cold and with ice as that gives you something to chomp so I am going ...
  4. July 12th, 2016

Wow I am still in shock, I cant believe I FINALLY have a date, its been 7 long years of waiting for shit to happen and nothing has, and now these past two months it seems to have taken off at super speed!!! Monday I get a call that they have a surgery date for me and need to me to come to Moncton (4 hour drive from me) on Tuesday am at 10:30 for an apt. so once I go there I came to find out that it was pre-opp testing which I wasn't told on the phone by pre-opp, I had x-rays, blood work, a cardiogram, ...
  5. Update June 11th 2016 - Meeting with Surgeon

So yesterday on June 10th I met with my surgeon to sign my consent forms. He and the nurse were both extremely happy with my progress since I last seen them! Me loosing 65lbs has really helped me, I will no longer need to do the sleeve then by pass, the sleeve should be enough. Also I will no longer need to go to the ICU after surgery and should only need to stay in the hospital for the one night. I have reduced my risk quite abit he said. & the very BEST news of all - he is going to push my ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast