Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Its been 4years!

Wow! How has everyone been?! I think i forgot how much i enjoyed the support of everyone on this site. So, Im back!

The last 4 years have been full of change and growth, people treat you differently when you are thinner, believe it our not. Whether they knew you before the lost or met you afterwards, its still different. But also i carry myself differently , i'm not the same chic i was prior to my gastric sleeve. I have to tell myself this comes from maturity and growth, but also ...
  2. 11 Weeks

Completed week 3 of the C25K program. Still feeling great. No soreness. This week was definitely doable. Warm up 5 mins, run 90 secs, walk 90 secs, run 3 mins, walk 3 mins, 90/90/3min/3min again, 5 minute cool down. Not bad at all. I did peek at next week. After warm up it is 3 min run, 90 sec walk, 5 min run, 2.5 min walk (repeat), then cool down. I am a little intimidated. Hopefully I am good to go!
    Tomorrow I have an appointment with my PCP for my girlie parts. Aw the joy of ...
  3. Vitamix Blender Recipes

I was about to buy a bunch of "bariatric soups" and noticed all the chemicals and dehydronated ingredients. Most had some whey concentrate product.

I have cooked soup in my Vitamix before, so I was like let me see if there are any tasty soups I can make tomorow, and I found this one! I am so excited!

Broccoli Cheese Soup

Ingredients

1 cup (240 ml) skim or low-fat milk
    1/2 cup (38 g) shredded low-fat cheddar cheese ...
  4. Head Hunger VS REAL Hunger

Today has been challenging with being hungry. I can't tell if I'm actually hungry or not. Does anyone have any tips to combat this? I was considering chewing on ice but didn't know if that would be beneficial or not.

Oh, SN:
    I see a lot of posts saying they have to be on a liquid diet for two weeks AFTER surgery but my doctor put me on mushy foods after being home. Is that strange? I've had pudding and a little bit of mashed potatoes so I don't think it's too bad.
  5. HELP PLEASE!! 4months post op

22 years old. Had Gastric Sleeve surgery in Nov. 2013. At the time of the surgery I weighted in at 190lb and I'm 5'1. It's been almost 4 months and the past month and a half I have no lost ANYTHING! I got down to 168 2mobths ago and now I have maintained 171 for a month and a half. Is this normal? I expected to lose more by now and faster.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast