Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Working towards gastric sleeve

I got my band in July 2007 in Hawaii. I lost almost 50 lbs in the first 5 months or so on it. Shortly after that I moved to Nevada. I took on a stressful job and I noticed that I was vomiting a lot. I had my band unfilled, filled, unfilled, filled. I just kept vomiting. I now weigh 10 lbs more that when I had the band. I had it removed because it was causing me so many problems. I had developed terrible heartburn. I wasn't eating enough protein because since I had a hard time eating it, ...
  2. Lapband has been removed!

Lapband removed April 15, 2015. My Gastric Sleeve surgery is scheduled for May 27, 2015. Looking forward to possibility of less fibro pain with loosing weight. My spinal stenosis probably won't complain about the weight loss either.
  3. I don't feel like I failed.

My results are SLOW and simply put, it IS MY fault. But I am not complaining.
    Over 4 years I have lost 100 pounds. I have gone from size 46/48 waist, down to a 32. XXXL Shirt to a medium.
    I have stalled for months... and with winter upon me... my activity will be less.

But I am getting scheduled for my consult for plastic surgery. I have 40 pounds to go, and a good portion of that will be from surgery. I am almost where I always saw myself to be. SO CLOSE!
  4. Lap Band to Revision Sleeve?????'s

I had lapband in April of 2010 over the year and a half i lost 35 pounds but in August of 2011 my port had a leak and I gained 55 pounds. I now have lost some of it and at the same weight i was when i had surgery two years ago which is kinda of dissapointing. I am now getting the sleeve done on August 1 im excited and nervous at the same time. So the questions i have for other revisioners are:

If you were unsuccessful with lapband has your sleeve been successful?
    Was the recovery ...
  5. 1 Week Post Op & I have a jawline!!!

by , 11-28-2011 at 05:23 PM (Day 3 of Pre op Diet, headachy, hungry, grumpy & failed miserably :-()
    Well today I am one week post op and feeling fantastic!!! (For the first time since the surgery)
    I was in hospital for 6 days after the surgery as I had a lot of abdominal pain, and was readmitted the same day I got out due to the pain getting so bad,I couldn't sit, stand, lie, walk.....anything. By the time I got back to the hospital I was screaming!! My surgeon came down to meet me, and said it was slight blood leakage into the tummy. Nothing that will cause an infection, and its
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast