Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. MyFitnessPal Forums

I started using MyFitnessPal a few weeks ago to track my intake and my exercise, and it's been really useful. There is a community feature and forums that I was curious about, so I started browsing them today. What I found has definitely made me shy away. The amount of negativity and judgmental attitudes I found there was totally shocking to me. I realize, also, that those forums aren't geared towards WLS folk, but wow... not sure I would want to mention my weight loss method of choice there. ...
  2. Judgement.

I'm 23 days out from surgery and have only told my parents, brother, husband, 2 friends and my boss. (Oh, and you guys, if anyone is reading!) I'm really torn about this, but I think it's the best thing to do.

On one hand, if it's a positive thing, a GOOD thing, then why am I keeping it a secret? Oh, that's right, because I've been judged all my life. When you're fat, you're ALWAYS judged. Examples...

I went to the gym and heard people talk about me behind my back. ...
  3. So this is how they see us.

The other day I was in my local grocery store with my 19 year old son and my always slim best friend. I saw a cashier who just broke my heart that I could immediately empathize with. She was a very large woman so large in fact her stomach rested on the counter she was standing at to ring in groceries. I said aloud poor baby--my young naturally thin no matter what he eats son said; "Mom why feel bad for her, its her own fault!" I realized he couldnt relate but didnt want him to have this ...