Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Update

I can't believe that it has been nearly 8 months since I posted. I gained a bit of weight since April, but I am working on getting back on track. I went from being 127-130lbs to 137-140lbs. Did my second year appointment and the doctor assures me that this weight gain is okay but if I want to lose the weight, I just have to go back to eating 900-1000 calories a day instead of the 1100-1500 calories I am currently eating.

With all of my food allergies, it is hard to restrict my ...
  2. Surgery date yay!!!!!!!!

Finally got my surgery date, it's a bitter sweet thing. It will be Dec.24th. Will be in the hospital for Christmas but very excited i finally get to have it after 6 months of prep work for it.....
  3. Sleeved 1 week ago today!

Quote Originally Posted by Newchance-56 View Post
    Hi all, I was sleeved last Tuesday by Dr. Guillermo Alvarez and his wonderful team! I feel fantastic! No pain meds or antacids since day 5. Back to work tomorrow. I am 56, and feel so blessed to have found Dr. Alvarez. They have EVERYTHING covered! They answered my questions before I could ask them. I am down 9 lbs, but I think that is due to 3 days of diahrria when I first got home. I have had zero gas pains, zero shoulder pain, zero indigestion. I feel so blessed. The trip to Mexico
  4. I need serious help words of encouragement wont do!

I had surgery in 2012 and was starting weight 283 i am now 230 only 53 pounds but like most of you my stress is due to losing both of my boys. One son to prison and the other to a herion drug overdose this past Feb he was 21 years old. I also lost my house on Labor day and it has been the worst year ever and of course i feel like doing absoulutly nothing. I don't want to be 230 pounds i want to be under 200 and i don't know how to do that. I do exercise but i do not eat anything but i have to ...
  5. Turkey Trot Goal met and a pound away from the Promised Land

Well after spending the better part of 2 decades sitting on the sidelines I have to say it's better to be in the game. I weighed in today at 189, down 3 pounds from 2 weeks ago, a pound from my goal weight and down over 210 pounds from the day I started this process. Last week I ran a 5K and my goal was to break 30 min. I came in at 29:21, nearly a minute faster than the 5K I ran a month ago. This was a hilly and challenging course and it was cold, but It was a great race and a fun time. ...