Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

kchopkins

24 Days Post Op - STALLED

Rate this Entry
So here I am, 24 days post op and I'm stalled. Been stalled since I saw the doc for my 2 week post op check in. SO frustrating. I know it happens, but it seriously doesn't make sense to me. How can you be stalled when getting so few calories? I know the mechanics of it, I know the reasons behind it. It doesn't make it any easier to accept.

Ever since i returned to work, it seems the stall has come on. Maybe work is bad for me???

And for some reason I seem to be super nauseated in the mornings. I don't feel like I'm going to throw up, I just feel nauseated. Which makes me not want to get out of bed.

Getting my exercise in is a challenge as well. I'm exhausted by the time I get home and it's all I can do to keep my eyes open. I think next week I'm going to try and get up an hour earlier and try that.

On the plus side, drinking fluids has become a lot easier, so I know I'm getting plenty of water in. Still struggling with not drinking anything when I eat real food. Hopefully that will get easier over time.

Submit "24 Days Post Op - STALLED" to Digg Submit "24 Days Post Op - STALLED" to del.icio.us Submit "24 Days Post Op - STALLED" to StumbleUpon Submit "24 Days Post Op - STALLED" to Google

Tags: post op, stall Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

My sleeve was July 9th and I'm stalled as well so don't feel bad. I would really welcome another round of weight loss though. Hang in there and good luck
    Denny
    I stalled at about the same time as you. I agree...totally frustrating and defies common sense. Yet it happens to almost all of us. I stopped weighing myself daily...it started my day off on a bad note. Switched to every 10 days or so. Dropped 5lbs in the next couple of weeks, so all was well again.

Hang in there!!!
    I also had my surgery July 10 , and I stalled for about a 2 weeks and just 3 days ago I start loosing again so no worry it will happen....hang in there
    I am in the same boat with you and it has been 30 days since my surgery. I was 258 the morning of surgery and am 243. I've only lost 15 pounds and am so disappointed after seeing so many people drop 20 pounds in the first couple weeks. I was so depressed Wednesday that I spent most of the day in tears. I walk twice a day; in the morning before the Texas heat reaches 80+ and late in the evening when the temps are usually in the 80s, getting about 2 miles in a day. I have religiously stuck to the diet and am now in the 4 - 6 wk. post op plan. I get 70 - 80 g proteins and my calorie intake runs between 500 - 780. I use a New Whey bullet or Syntrax's Nectar protein powder if the food doesn't give me the proteins I need. If I didn't have the picture my doctor took of removed stomach, I would not believe he really took about 3/4 of it out. I am devastated at the lack of weight loss. My body is just holding on to every pound and not letting go. My doctor said I can start swimming again so maybe the extra exercise will help. I bought two 5 pounds weights at Walmart and am using those with arm curls to hopefully keep the "wings" from sagging more than they already do. I know I haven't really helped you with any solutions, but I do want you to know that you are not alone.
    Kchopkins, You are right on schedule for your there week stall. Stalls are normal and they happen to everyone. Don't overanalyze it, just get in all your water and protein and stay off the scale. Trust the process and enjoy your life.

Lorri.... I only lost 17 pounds after 7 weeks. Then I got sick and could barely eat/drink for a month and I actually gained 3 pounds. The difference is I didn't feel "devastated" because I never compared myself to others. They aren't me. All I knew was that I lost weight and was thrilled. Once I felt better, I ate tons more and haven't stopped losing since. My best advice is eat more, and stay off the scale. You are letting all the numbers rule your life and dictate your happiness.
    I agree that this is probably the 3 week stall. Mine lasted almost 2 months - and I was so depressed. You might want to put the word Tinman in the search engine. This poster was SO supportive of me and has written so many posts on how to avoid, end stalls. He has lost and kept off a ton of weight and is really a sweet man.

What helped me is that he reminded me that I was not on a diet and that there was nothing that I couldn't eat, as long as my stomach could handle it. We can't tell ourselves we are off these things for a life time, or we become martyrs. If we use something in moderation, then it will help in the long run. If I was craving a candy bar for instance, then go get one. What I did to moderate my Musketeer bar was to freeze it in small pieces and just eat a bite when I had the urge. Sometimes our bodies need these little pleasures while we are losing weight.

Also, he reminded me that my body was recuperating from serious surgery with big time anesthesia. It just needs time to heal. BUT the good part, is that during the healing time I lost a ton of inches and when the weight loss started again, I lost a lot in a quick time. I am about 7 months out and have lost 67 pounds since surgery (added to the 30 lost just before) and I am almost at a 100#'s.

Do not give up - go and read some of Tinman's posts and then stay poitive!

Kathy