Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Seja

Eight days out.

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Seja View Post
Was very excited to finally have the sleeve surgery done - started out last January.
Have already lost some weight and feel pretty good. I do have some concerns - 1. I still get hungry. I am still on liquids only - mostly clear but with protein drinks and I have had some liquid only soup. 2. I feel like I can consume more than was told to me. I can drink a full cup 8-12 onces without any problem at one time. Is this right? 3. Weight loss is fluctuating - I lose some then it comes back then I lose some etc. I was on daily lasix before but now I have cut back to 2x a week. Notice I am still holding fluid when my fingers get swollen up.

The best part is I am off all diabetic meds - no Insulin pump! and my sugars are normal. Fearful this will change when I start to have real food. Anyone have experience with this?

This surgery seems to be a blessing though I know it is a bit early to decide. I feel like it is mostly successful already.

Submit "Eight days out." to Digg Submit "Eight days out." to del.icio.us Submit "Eight days out." to StumbleUpon Submit "Eight days out." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by teresaloves2trvl
    When did you have surgery? Surely not last January and still on liquids? Oh, duh...8 days ago. It's great you can drink that fluid. As long as it isn't causing you any pain or making you sick I wouldn't worry. Any concerns you have can be addressed with your doctor. Keep up the good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by teresaloves2trvl
    When did you have surgery? Surely not last January and still on liquids? Oh, duh...8 days ago. It's great you can drink that fluid. As long as it isn't causing you any pain or making you sick I wouldn't worry. Any concerns you have can be addressed with your doctor. Keep up the good work!
    That was an old post. I am now about 6 weeks out and doing fine. I am eating whatever I want that is protein. I am kind of in a stall. Have lost about 28 lbs since surgery but nothing in last 10 days. I have upped my exercise but that hasn't seemed to do anything. I am hoping one day I will just have a drop like some people have written about. Overall I am feeling great.
    Hope your experience was as good.