Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. How long should I board my dogs?

Hi everyone & thanks for all your great advice!

I'm 18 days away from surgery (yay) and trying to get my environment squared away to make things easier. Kitchen is cleared out, etc.

My question is re: how you felt when you came home from the hospital.

I live alone and have 3 rescue dogs (I couldn't help myself, they needed a home.) Two are puppies and one is 12 years old and a heifer--he's 18#. I've read you can't lift after surgery and Kirby is ...
  2. I Guess I Need to Buy New Clothes

I don’t post much here, but I visit almost daily to learn from others who’ve had or who are preparing for VSG. I see lots of new people with questions, as well as folks who have been around for a while and who are very inspiring. Some of you are also very real, frankly discussing challenges that we encounter. I’m four months post-op, and I wanted to share some observations from the perspective of someone who has made it through the first few months and has learned a few things along the way. I’m ...
  3. 16 weeks-People are Talking-Getting my groove back

Conversation with a friend from work who had been out and I hadn't seen in about 2 months...
    Her- "People were talking about you..."
    Me-"Who's talking shit about me?"
    Her-"No they were saying how you were so tiny and shrinking."
    Me-"Oh! LOL. I thought I was going to have to fight someone."

So that really happened. I was happy for the compliments, though I have apparently been the talk of my training group (the ...
  4. Stall Broken - Loss Continues - Lap-Band to VSG Revision

Hi guys,

I am just stopping by for a quick update. I don't necessarily feel like I need to add to an endless list of gastric sleeve blogs. But I do think there aren't a lot of updates on lap-band revision to gastric sleeve. This can help the folks who are losing weight slowly compare their journey to other lap-band revisions. So here goes.

It has now been 41 days, 6 weeks since I had my surgery. Today I weigh 181lbs. That's a 2lb difference from my last week stall. ...
  5. three up - attitude adjustment

Well fellow sleevers, today I ADDED three pounds to my ticker (must remain accountable and honest with myself). Truthfully, I have rolled along rather happily since surgery. I made a few bad food choices this last week. That being said, I still ate so little of the bad food (so to speak) that I was astounded to step on the scale and be up three pounds! It seems the key to my weight loss is remaining low carb. Has anyone else found this to be true? Even a few crackers and my weight loss ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast