Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

KathyL

I GOT THIS ~ first post-op check-up

Rate this Entry
I was to have a 10 day check-up but didn't go till today, which is 1 day shy of 2 weeks, so call it what you want. I was ready to step on the scale, wanted to see what the results were. I weighed before I left home but when I got on the doc's scale I was shocked, I lost 2 lbs just driving to the doctor's office.

Here is the "official" results: starting weight 233 BMI 40. Today was 205 BMI 35!!! Yes I did a little happy dance right there. The doctor was pleased, said I could have a very small amount of pureed food once a day till I start soft food next Thursday. WOO HOO.

You bet I took him up on that. Had some mexican chicken soup pureed & it was heavenly. I had about 1/3 cup taking my time with it. Didn't have any trouble. I did tell the doc that I would start soft food on Wednesday so I can see how I do before going back to work on Thursday. It's amazing how some pureed soup can make me feel human again. I just hope when it comes time to eat good I remember how to chew.

Needless to say I've had a very good day. And you're damn skippy I GOT THIS!

Submit "I GOT THIS ~ first post-op check-up" to Digg Submit "I GOT THIS ~ first post-op check-up" to del.icio.us Submit "I GOT THIS ~ first post-op check-up" to StumbleUpon Submit "I GOT THIS ~ first post-op check-up" to Google

Tags: post-op Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Awesome news!!!
    That is awesome!! Congrats!
    That is wonderful! Congratulations.
    Excellent....time to try the refried beans...they never tasted so good...Just be sure and stop 2 spoons before you get full...Oh my....Progresso Tomato Basil soup and french onion are both amazing...I eat oatmeal for breakfast everyday now....Good luck...Im 15 days out...Doc said he would see me again in 6 weeks...Down 30 lbs this month
    Even with all the recovery stuff, isn't this the most fun?! I am so glad that you are a winner at loosing!

Patty
    Damn skippy, you got this! You're still my inspiration.
    Wow!!
    Such wonderful news! Congrats on your success so far. Yeah, sometimes the scale at the Doctor's office doesn't agree with mine. They make me wear shoes ( of course, hygiene first!) and I have some really heavy shoes. Sigh.... So glad you are on your way!
    You attitude is wonderful! I love the happy dances too!
    congrats on graduating to the next step!
    Congratulations!!! Always nice.to have good news