Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

danrhowell

1. 9 days out... Ugh!!

OMG I didnt realize how different everything was going to be. I ate a pudding cup and it went straight thru me. I am finding that anything dairy is tearing my stomach up. Havent gotten any type of proteins into my system. Chicken broth makes me wanna vomit, beef broth make me vomit. Cream of soup isnt working. Right now I am living off of Gatorade. Finding that its really hard to get a whole lot of drinking done. Water doesnt work for me. I am really starting to worry about this. I go to the doctor ...
  2. 3 days post op...

Well I have been sleeved for 4 days and it is the weirdest feeling I have. I am not hungry, but I have bubbles in my stomach. passing A LOT of gas and also burping a lot. I am finding it very hard to swallow liquids down as it catches in my chest and hurts for a good 5 minutes. I am kind of worried and will probally call the hospital back and ask if that is normal. Just want to be very cautious as my grandmother had the by pass done 6 years ago and she passed away the day after I did surgery. So ...
  3. Totally Lost it!

I totally lost it today and cancelled my sleeve. Dr came in and told me about the possibility of my lungs collapsing and all i thought of was dying. I thought of my wife and seven kids being left behind and I freaked out and told them to cancel everything.have to call tomorrow and see what the dr office says. Might not get to have it at all.bad bad bad day. Praying didnt help. Look if anyone has any ideas on what to do and get this done please let me know. I need all the support I can get. Please ...
  4. Any One with Peoples Health

Has anyone that has peoples health been approved for the sleeve yet? I am with them and was told no one has been approved yet for the sleeve through them so I am starting to worry that I will not get my sleeve no matter what I do. Regardless if I have neck surgery or not.
  5. Scared and Confused!!!

So I had to go see my neurosurgeon for my neck and lower back. One of the reasons I was having the sleeve done was because of my lower back. After talking with my surgeon he told me that I was going to have to have another neck surgery. (previous fusion of C5-C7 Sept. 2010) So I started to freak and asked him what was that going to do about my sleeve. He stated that it shouldnt stop me from being sleeved, but I needed to check with my Sleeve doctor. I do not go see him till 8-10 so I decided ...