Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 6 week check

Yesterday I went to see the surgeon for the first time since the operation and he was very happy with my progress and healing. I am feeling great and allot more confident, I can actually look at myself in a mirror. I don't mind going out and people seeing me. I have had to tell a few white lies when people have asked me how I have lost weight. Its only half a lie though, as I say I am on a very low calorie diet, which in effect this is. I also played tennis for the first time since surgery and although ...
  2. Becoming More Aware...

I recently read a statement on a social media site that has since sat with me, and in some ways rang true to my purpose here. The statement was as follows (pardon the verbiage utilized): "The first step of change is to become aware of your own bullshit."

That has me thinking...

I know I post a great deal of blogs on here (usually one or more a day), and in doing so, I have found myself questioning the nature of my purpose for posting. Is it because I read ...
  3. Gas pain and fullness

How long does that feeling of bloating and fullness last after surgery. Can't seem to find a comfortable place to rest. Stomach feels so blown up.
  4. Body Dysmorphic Disorder and Weight Loss Surgery

In keeping with the idea that the more information weight loss surgery recipients amass regarding their their Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy procedure, the more informed they become regarding ways to prevent, and if need be, confront and combat subsequent conditions that may arise as a direct result of WLS, I have chosen a topic that we are all aware of, but know very little about. That topic is body dysmorphic disorder (BDD).

The definition of body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) as outlined ...
  5. Some Personal Insight into My VSG: part 2

You may recall in my previous blog of a similar title yesterday wherein I openly discussed my feelings of obesity and of feeling as though I will always, on the inside, refer to myself as being obese. After much deliberation, I thought it would be wise to delve further into this so as to offer up a better explanation as to why I harbor these feelings the way I do.

*Deep Breath* There have been times in my life where situations have presented themselves in such a manner as to lend ...