Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

WannaBeALoser

1. Vitamins

I've never been a vitamin taker because they always seem to make me sick. I recently ordered the Bariactiv vitamins and B12 nasal spray. I have no problem with the spray or the iron tablets, but the D3+Calcium and the multi-vitamin tablets make me feel sick on my stomach. The first time I took them, I made the mistake of chewing them, and it was an exercise in self-control not the throw up. Since then I've been letting them dissolve in my mouth, but even then, I just feel nauseated. I quit taking ...
  2. I Don't Think I'm Doing This Right

I apologize in advance for this rather long post, but I'm trying to get my thoughts together and give anyone reading a complete background. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I am now 15 days post-op, and I feel like I've already messed up. Before surgery, I saw a Bariatric physician and nutritionist who referred me to the surgeon (Dr. Sieloff) after I had satisfied all the requirements to get insurance approval. The Bariatric doctor and surgeon work together on all of this because ...
  3. 7 days post-op

I am seven days post-op, and I thought I would share my experience so far. The first thing that is different from most of what I've read on here is that my surgeon did not require or encourage a pre-op diet. When I asked he said there was no need to torture myself before I was given the tool to help me lose weight. He said he'd never had a patient whose liver was too large to have surgery. Surgery day went well. I wasn't nervous or afraid, although it still didn't feel real. In recovery, I think ...
  4. Starting to worry

My surgery is coming up this Thursday, August 10th, and I'm suddenly getting scared and having doubts that I can do this. I've worked towards this for almost a year now, and suddenly, I'm afraid I can't do it. I don't know where these thoughts are coming from.