Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

libra

Pre Op Diet

Rate this Entry
Well as it only day two I thought I would miss my snacks much more then I do.
I haven't been in any outside situations as of yet as I am scared to slip up and one of my sons have been poorly.

My mistake on day one was to automatically, start to munch the left over love hearts and 1 jelly bean.
I was able to get myself in check and had a 2 eggs scrambled, cup of cordial, tuna salad for lunch and a 2 egg omelette for dinner.
Today has been a struggled . I've had a cup of warm squash. 2 scrambled eggs with 5 tbsp of beans. i'm stuck with what to do for dinner. chicken fillet and veg.
they hadn't been very specific of the veg or the fruit i could have so i feel restricted.

i had a few grapes today but it doesn'ty seem i can have them.

My only issue was I woke up during the night sweating and became sick. today I have had a tender tummy but s my son isn't well I could have a hint of what he has or my body could be in shock from the lack of sugar hahah

Any tips and advice always welcomed

Submit "Pre Op Diet" to Digg Submit "Pre Op Diet" to del.icio.us Submit "Pre Op Diet" to StumbleUpon Submit "Pre Op Diet" to Google

Tags: pre op diet Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi, my pre op diet was different and just the protein shakes and bars and soups. It wasn't the best fun but I was just on a mission. i have to say it was great because it prepared me for the liqued diet afterwards. I think if I hadnt done that then it might have been harder, but yayyyy you get to have actual food!!! I'd be calling up your hospital or dietitian to get a specific list and then go to town! Hope you feel better soon, it might be your sons sickness but i had a big headache on day 3 I think... heaps of water!!!!
    Every pre and post op is different. I would contact your surgeon or nutritionist for clarification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey03
    Hi, my pre op diet was different and just the protein shakes and bars and soups. It wasn't the best fun but I was just on a mission. i have to say it was great because it prepared me for the liqued diet afterwards. I think if I hadnt done that then it might have been harder, but yayyyy you get to have actual food!!! I'd be calling up your hospital or dietitian to get a specific list and then go to town! Hope you feel better soon, it might be your sons sickness but i had a big headache on day 3 I think... heaps of water!!!!
    yes it does feel good prep i'm still mostly on fluids but not entirely, i need to make sure i'm getting my 2 litres and pick some proper foods.
    Iv'e given them a call now and am clearer. all i forgot to ask was if i could have potato but they did say all veg so here's hoping.
    thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie13
    Every pre and post op is different. I would contact your surgeon or nutritionist for clarification.
    Thankyou great advice. i have spoken to them now