Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

smilius

Day 6 Post-op and NOT loving it

Rate this Entry
Hello, everyone! Today is day 6 post-op for me, and I'm really questioning my choice in doing the sleeve. I have to say this has been much harder than I expected. I've had a lot more pain than I expect and really just haven't felt very good at all. This is normal...right? I'm also tired all the time, but I'm assuming that is from being off the vitamins and the change in diet.The weight is coming off, and I'm happy about that. I just wish I was beginning to feel better. Any advice is welcome.

Submit "Day 6 Post-op and NOT loving it" to Digg Submit "Day 6 Post-op and NOT loving it" to del.icio.us Submit "Day 6 Post-op and NOT loving it" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 6 Post-op and NOT loving it" to Google

Comments

Don't worry this is completely normal unless you are in severe pain that is. If you are in that much pain then I would call my Dr. but if it's just mild discomfort at this point then your just fine. Tired is also normal, remember you just had major surgery and your body is adjusting to the new you. You are also eating basically nothing so that doesn't help. Stay dehydrated and sip away at your water, get in your protein no matter how long it takes and sleep every second you can. It takes time and for some much longer than others. I was exhausted for the first couple of weeks but it does get better I promise. Hope that helps and hope you feel better soon.
    Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I so appreciate it. I just needed to hear that all this is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by zoey101
    Don't worry this is completely normal unless you are in severe pain that is. If you are in that much pain then I would call my Dr. but if it's just mild discomfort at this point then your just fine. Tired is also normal, remember you just had major surgery and your body is adjusting to the new you. You are also eating basically nothing so that doesn't help. Stay dehydrated and sip away at your water, get in your protein no matter how long it takes and sleep every second you can. It takes time and for some much longer than others. I was exhausted for the first couple of weeks but it does get better I promise. Hope that helps and hope you feel better soon.
    normal!!
    i totally regretted it in the beginning..i was so freaked out..the permance of it..
    not anymore..this is SO GREAT!
    anyhow..one thing i did to get out of the dumps was to cross days off on the calender..knowing that each week i had things to look forward to..
    that helped me..i had loads of emotions..
    but it was just that the huge change and loads of emotions..hormones that were released during surgery..

i agree with above poster..if you have too much pain..call your dr!! dont be shy!!otherwise..put one foot in front of the other..and drink, or sip sip sip walk walk walk
    Thanks for your response. I get my staples out today, so I'm sure that will help. The calendar idea is very helpful. I definitely will be implementing that.

Quote Originally Posted by cathbas
    normal!!
    i totally regretted it in the beginning..i was so freaked out..the permance of it..
    not anymore..this is SO GREAT!
    anyhow..one thing i did to get out of the dumps was to cross days off on the calender..knowing that each week i had things to look forward to..
    that helped me..i had loads of emotions..
    but it was just that the huge change and loads of emotions..hormones that were released during surgery..

i agree with above poster..if you have too much pain..call your dr!! dont be shy!!otherwise..put one foot in front of the other..and drink, or sip sip sip walk walk walk
    Totally normal, fatigue is the "for real" aftermath for 6-8 weeks, then you feel better because your calories will go up a little. Rest, rest, rest as much as you need, get your water and protein in, that's the critical part. It will go quickly and as you melt you will feel better but for now just rest, protein and water. I has no pain after day 4 but get what you need from your doc if you feel bad, just know this too shall pass and you'll look back saying the only thing I regret is not doing it earlier!
    On tough stress days I want to eat that whole plate of food and I am so utterly thankful I cannot, only 1/8 of it. 70 pounds off and feeling fantastic, my husband is at week 7 losing 53 pounds. I'm a 6/8 and holding strong 1 year later, better than I've ever been with perfect health. This is going to be the best thing you have ever done for yourself. Just heal, the rest will come at it's own pace. Your going to love love love your new tummy!
    It's normal... I know is rough at first but hang in there, it WILL get better and easier! I didn't feel good for awhile and stayed tired but after you start introducing foods you will feel a lot better!! You'll be glad you did it in the long run.
    I'm 9 days post-op and about 3 days ago I was miserable. I was exhausted and my body hurt and I had a terrible headache. It was actually my mom, who had the surgery a year ago, who told me it was dehydration. I thought I was doing well getting in about 5 cups a day, seeing as I could sip maybe a third of an ounce at a time, but really making sure I'm getting in at least 8 cups of water a day has been such a major change for me. I have so much more energy and I really feel likely old self again( just 30 pounds lighter) I'm not sugar-coating because mentally it's still rough for me. I go through patches where I wonder what the hell was I thinking? This is so permanent. But everytime I want to give up and just eat something or cheat or even just feeling helpless I look at the list I made to remind me why I'm doing this. For me, my main reason is my darling 2 year old, I'm all he's got. And he deserves to have the best version of me. My second reason is because I want to really live again. Play soccer, go white water rafting and hiking. All the things I loved to do that Ive been holding back from because of my weight. It's still hard, but it makes it a bit easier to make the right decision, when I know why I'm making that decision
    Thanks for all the wisdom, advice and support. I got the staples out today and feel much better. I also found out that I need more protein. I'm sure that will help as well. Again, thanks!!
    Hang in there friend. I will be 5 weeks post op on Monday and it does get better. AA out post op day 12 I found myself in the emergency room because I was dehydrated. A G yes I was chronically tired. I'm learning drinking and protein are the key. It gets easier once your diet progress to proteins. Everything you describing, including the depression and possible regret is normal! It gets better!
    Thank you all! Your comments have helped me too!
    how are you doing now?
    It will be 3 weeks Monday since I have had surgery! I am having trouble getting in all the protein !
    I think I am afraid to try new foods! I have had cream soup,and yogurt with protein added! I tried a scrambled egg,but didn't feel well after wards! Any food suggestions? I need to start eating soft foods! My surgery was great! Had no pain meds! Just feel tired and weak! Probably normal,but any suggestions would help!
    do we all have to go back after to have staples removed? or ports or drains? I was under the underdtanding that he did internal staples and stictches that stayed in or dissolved...