Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

OOOWEEBABY!

Three Weeks and Two Days- I Don't Look Like My Picture Anymore

Rate this Entry
This was my first week back in the classroom with my students. I was worried that my energy level would not be up enough, but it was pretty good. I teach high and middle schoolers in a small private school. The kids love me and they were very much aware that I had lost some weight.

I got lots of positive feedback from them. That was so nice. I was very open with my students and I told them about my procedure and they are simply fascinated. One girl asked me about when I would reach my goal. I told her and the class that I didn't know when that would be, but they will know it when they see me in a beautiful red dress. This class, all seniors, plans on me wearing my red dress it to their graduation.

As I said in the title, I don't look like I used to. Thirty-four pounds makes a very pleasant difference in me. Thirty-four pounds... Wow... That's a concrete cinder block and one guinea pig. LOL

I'll get some photos up next weekend. I will be going to see my sister in Orlando. She takes much better pictures than my point and shoot, okay, we're done- husband's version of photography. There could be an axe murder happening in the background, but as long as I look semi-blurry or less, my Big Sweetie thinks it's a great pic of me. Ahhh... love is blind

My shoes are flapping on my feet. My face has slimmed down. My belly is getting... dare I say it??? Flatter! My breasts are neater looking, my pre-op pants bag in the seat and are way looser in the thighs. My arms go down by my sides and no longer stick out like the Michelin Man's!

I will get my sister to measure me when I am at her house, too. Oh, I can't wait to see her!!! She took care of me the week following my surgery and then she went back home. She is going to be as trilled as I am.

My journey has been all sweetness and light. Until this past Thursday evening, it was all good. Everything I ate agreed with me. Yes, there have been some times when I felt like I should not have taken that last tiny bite of food. It is a learning experience.

Thursday evening, I did something that was not good. I decided that I was hungry for chicken. Since I have been eating soft foods, I thought that chicken thigh meat, in tiny bites and well-chewed would be fine.

OHHH! It tasted so wonderful. I took my time and ate about three tablespoons. All of a sudden, I had a visit from the EVIL SLIME MONSTER. Yuck-o! The way it was attacking me, the Monster could have taken over New York! I quickly retreated tot he bathroom and the slime monster ran away when I threw up.

I rested for half an hour and silly me, I tried the chicken again. Two tablespoons this time. I ended up with the same results. Along with that, my tummy hurt and I felt generally awful, so I went to bed. SAD.

Friday morning, I had some yogurt and it hurt like crazy to eat- my poor tummy. Even water hurt me. I felt awful. I wanted to leave work and go home and just get in my bed. I ate about a teaspoon of cottage cheese at lunch and guess what evil monster came to call? I threw up again. Oh. I felt really, really baaaaaad.

( Leave it to my eternal sunshine mind to see a brighter side in the throwing up! I made a mental note that this was a lot less violent and much daintier than in pre-sleeve times. Sorry, TMI, I know...)

My principal came in my room ans saw me looking like I felt terrible. Bless her, she insisited that I call my doctor, and she covered my class for me. How come I know when others need to call the doctor and I am in denial about myself

The Good Doctor told me that when we vomit, it irritates the stomach, which swells. Since I kept trying to eat, I was adding swelling and irritation every time. No wonder I hurt, huh? No wonder food would not stay down. The doctor said to stay on a liquid diet this weekend. It took up to Saturday night for even the liquids not to hurt me. I was kind of hating it, but it looked like if things didn't change soon, I was going to need I hydration.

I am on liquids again, and creamy soups and Jell-o. I am no longer in pain. Lesson learned. Silly, silly me. The next time I throw up, I am going to go to liquid for at least the following day. it is crazy to inflict pain on myself with a fork!

...I sat down this morning and watched an actual VGS operation online. It gave me time to reflect on the size of the incision in my stomach and how very new my baby tummy is, actually. What was I thinking eating that chicken? Back to carefully and lovingly feeding my baby tummy... Darling that she is, she is not ready for grown-up food yet! She is only three weeks old.

... And with this thought, onnward, I go, happy as ever. So glad I am sleeved, and learning new things every step of the way.

I love this adventure. I really do.

Submit "Three Weeks and Two Days- I Don't Look Like My Picture Anymore" to Digg Submit "Three Weeks and Two Days- I Don't Look Like My Picture Anymore" to del.icio.us Submit "Three Weeks and Two Days- I Don't Look Like My Picture Anymore" to StumbleUpon Submit "Three Weeks and Two Days- I Don't Look Like My Picture Anymore" to Google

Comments

I learned that valuable lesson too. I was 2 weeks post op and made my family dinner and decided oh let me try this took 2 small bites chewed it up really good and 10 mins later it all came up and felt horrible the rest of the night. So needles to say I am sticking strictly to the meal plan from now on!
    I learned that lesson also!! I am so glad that you are doing good!! I can't wait to see pictures! I am going on my second week of a stall!! Even when I measured, I had lost 2 inches in my bust! And only 2 inches in right thigh!
    Very inspirational to read your update. I am about a week and a half out and friends say they can tell I have lost weight but I dont see it yet. I am waiting to weigh myself for my post op visit on the 11th sept. I am super excited to see how far I have come. I am a little impatient but your post is giving me the hope I need to get to that post op appt. Good Luck with your journey.
    You're sooo positive. Thank you. I'm three weeks out and have been stalled for over a week. Can't figure out why. It is a bit depressing. Thanks for your positive posts. They make my day
    Quote Originally Posted by ajbm3
    You're sooo positive. Thank you. I'm three weeks out and have been stalled for over a week. Can't figure out why. It is a bit depressing. Thanks for your positive posts. They make my day
    I will be three weeks out tomorrow, and I am stalled also! And it is depressing! I doing everything I am suppose to do. I am walking on the treadmill, walking around town, drinking water! The doctor told me some people usually stall on their 2nd or 3rd week and will stall for a couple of weeks. I want to see it coming off now!!