Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Khartt

My life over the last 4 months

Rate this Entry
I posted the other day about it being awhile - here are the reasons, all good! We filed adoption papers for a new puppy, Suki, a Brittany who was a rescue from MO in early April and after we got all the home inspections done, vet recommendations and got the go ahead with a transport date of May 23 we made an offer on a new house which was accepted. We signed the P&S paperwork on the 27th the same day Suki arrived out of quarantine. Wow - now I needed to pack and move my household to a new place while training a puppy. Suki was 9 months old when she arrived. We started obedience classes on June 1. Can you say crazy schedule! The move is done, for the most part. We downsized from a 2,400 sf house to 1,025 sf. Very cathartic to pitch stuff you've been holding onto for years, just like the excess weight I carried for years!

The new place on on a lake - we'll live there year round. It is twice the distance to my job, but that only makes it a 15 mile commute; so very worth it! Suki is mostly house trained, hasn't had an accident in a few weeks, but Brittany's are excitable and accidents do happen.

We are fixing up an outdoor run for the girls with a dog door into the enclosed porch so they can get in out of the weather.

So, after my 18th month check up, all the good going on at my new home and my parents surviving a major car accident with few injuries on the same day we closed on our home; life is great!

Submit "My life over the last 4 months" to Digg Submit "My life over the last 4 months" to del.icio.us Submit "My life over the last 4 months" to StumbleUpon Submit "My life over the last 4 months" to Google

Tags: journey Add / Edit Tags
Categories
The Journey

Comments

Love all the new life you're making. We're also making big changes too. I really hear you about downsizing. You're right about it being therapeutic.