Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

bjohnson

Starting day 8 Pre-op!!

Rate this Entry
Today starts day 8 Pre-op... I will say it is getting a little easier as I get further along. Yesterday I was having nervousness about the surgery. I have even went as far as to think.... Lord, what if I die next week. That's scary!!! But, I know that the success rate of this surgery is very good, and my surgeon has done 10,000 of these with a 100% success rate, so I guess all of the good things outweigh the bad.
On another note, I lost 4.4 more pounds!!! Woot woot!
So..... 413 pounds is where I am at!! My goal for pre-op is to lose 25 pounds which will put me under the 400 mark for surgery. Wish me luck!!

Submit "Starting day 8 Pre-op!!" to Digg Submit "Starting day 8 Pre-op!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Starting day 8 Pre-op!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Starting day 8 Pre-op!!" to Google

Comments

No worries..they have perfected this surgery so much and can do it so fast. I think the people that have problems are those who don't follow the liquid diet and don't shrink the liver. That's where trouble comes when they can get around that to remove the stomach. I had lapband 7 years ago then revised to sleeve 5 years ago and have not had any problems. My son had sleeve july2013 and he too was up and running within a week. You too will do the same. good luck
    Hi there, don't let any thoughts or worries get the best of you. Worry does nothing more than make us worry more and it is a totally unncessary use of our psychic energies.
    Have confidence in your decision, your surgeon and the team and let go. Yes, it's normal to have last minute thoughts and jitters but it's just that...you will be great and you'll be thanking yourself this time next year when you look back on it.
    I'm 2 yrs post op now and have never ever looked back. I was confident in my decision and it has proven so totally worth it. I did have sudden nerves just right before the surgery that morning, but it was a fleeting thought.
    Wishing you all the very best and keep us posted on how things go. This is a change for the rest of your life, to give you your life back!
    Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement. I am totally excited for the outcome.
    Liquid diet wise, my surgeon doesn't do a total liquid diet... I am allowed to eat any meat I want and as much as I want, green leafy vegetables, eggs, cheese, sugar free drinks, and one protein shake or bar a day. Some days I feel a little hungry, but I think it's mental... I have lost 12 pounds on this pre-op diet in one week....that feels amazing.
    I do hope my liver is shrunk enough though, I am a big girl. :/
    Thank you ssmith9994 for your words of encouragement.
    You look great by the way, how much have you lost?
    Quote Originally Posted by bjohnson
    Thank you ssmith9994 for your words of encouragement.
    You look great by the way, how much have you lost?
    I was 210 day of surgery nearly 5 years ago... Today my scales said 126. I may retain water and go up and down 3 pounds but have never gained enough weight to see or feel it. You too will be just as successful 😊 this surgery does amazing
    Transformations with little effort. Good luck