Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

newclear

1. First Trip Back Home Post-op

I spent 10 glorious days home to lovely NYC. 10! My mother-in law passed, so it was good to be around family. I am so happy to have taken all that time off, relax, catch up with people and not weigh myself. I didn't log at all. The closest thing to logging that I did was ask my mum what her pedometer said when we were out all day once. Turns out we walk a lot... some 10 miles. My mum says she usually gets 8 mi in when she goes out, but have done up to 14 in an outing. We both love seeing the city, ...
  2. New Tummy - Case Cracked

Without going into explicit details, I've had issues with my body's ability to retain practically anything nutrient rich (non-clear fluids, including yoghurts). A part of this has caused some unnerving issues I've mentioned previously which lead me to the ER to make sure it's safe for me to be at home (I live alone). My surgeon recommended that instead of 30-45 mins for a 6 oz (1/2 serving protein) shake (with no water in between), try 6-8 oz (full serving) over 1.5 hrs minimum. I tried that to ...
  3. Why I Didn't Get the Lap Band

***NOTE: I'm not promoting the sleeve over the band. These are my research based opinions. I am not in the medical field. You should discuss your options with your doctor to determine what's best for you.****

A few years ago through last December, I thought the lap band would be the perfect tool to help me lose weight. It's minimally invasive, lower risk, adjustable, reversible and nutrient deficiency doesn't have to be a lifelong concern. Even though it doesn't have great long term ...
  4. 7 Days Post Op

It's official! I'm 7 days post op and I can't say all has been as I expected it, but I'm on my way to where I want to be. My journey started several years ago when it comes to considering bariatric surgery. I was not heavy enough for the procedure and had otherwise good health, so there's no way I would qualify unless I ate myself back into the place I was right after college at 263 lbs. The idea of that sickened me, it wasn't an option, but I was still left with a problem - my weight was very unhealthy. ...