Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

johnjohn0304

Exercise, food, weight loss

Rate this Entry
The first 5 weeks the weight was just coming off very easily. I started with 266 at surgery and at around 230 the weight took a couple of extra days to come off. A single pound can make all the difference in terms of motivation. At this point I had just been walking about a mile to a mile and a half per day. So I went to the gym and increased the distance to 3 miles; the weight started coming off again. I was also able to tolerate more protein shake and more soft food quantities. I've been sticking to a variety of hummus products, applegate brand turkey slices, broth from chicken soup my dad made, and even slices of light provolone. All in very small portions of course.
Now instead of 3-4 pound a day, it's more like 2 pounds every 3-4 days, which is probably more healthy anyway. I also started lifting weights, so you have to remember that you're building muscle and "muscle weighs more than fat" will of course play a role on the scale reading.
Your body is changing, there will be ups and downs especially with the fat loss:muscle gain ratio. Consume your protein, drink your water, take your vitamins, and remain patient. Everything will come together eventually.
I stopped worrying when I kept reminding myself that my clothing size keeps getting smaller, my waist is consistently shrinking, and I'm stronger at the gym everyday. I went from walking a mile to running 2 miles without needing to stop and catch my breath! Not everything is measured on the scale, but I weighed in around 216 on Christmas day .
I started with a waist size of 46 and now I'm a 42 / 40! Brands vary in fit of course; also, I need to buy slim fit! haha

Submit "Exercise, food, weight loss" to Digg Submit "Exercise, food, weight loss" to del.icio.us Submit "Exercise, food, weight loss" to StumbleUpon Submit "Exercise, food, weight loss" to Google

Comments

That's awesome! I'm still in the very beginnings of this but it was very enlightening to read this as I'm sure I will plateau at some point as well. Thank you so much for sharing!
    Keep up all the hard work! It's paying off :-D
    Congrats on your success. You are absolutely right! We need to continue to tweak our diet and exercise as we go to continue to optimize this tool we have. It is such a blessing. Thanks for sharing all your knowledge!